• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email Signature Requirements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
    Agree with Alan, we don't charge either provided it's not being used as a trading address and we end up with a volume of mail coming through.
    This. It's one thing scanning and emailing a letter or two from Cos Hse/HMRC. It's another to have to go to the post office to forward on hard copies of things like debit cards/cheque books from the bank...also to scan and email huge quantities of customer/supplier bits and bobs.

Going back to the OP...yes, it's a legal requirement. Many will say that a bit like the cookie law, and potentially dividend vouchers, huge numbers of people won't bother and will suffer no negative consequences. Whether you want to take the small risk and join them is up to you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I had actually thought using a separate registered address was more expensive than people here suggest, may well consider it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylon View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I had actually thought using a separate registered address was more expensive than people here suggest, may well consider it now.
        As a director I could simply use your company number and look up your details on Companies House.

That's if I bother to read your email signature in the first place...

The number of times I've had to tell people it's in the email signature is amazing.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X