• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expenses

So in a LTD company scenario what is claimable for training when IR35/Non IR35?

Comment

Outside IR35, it's a business expense offset against profits and so reduces your CT bill, and you can obviously recover the VAT.

Inside IR35, it's a business expense offset against profits and so reduces your CT bill, and you can obviously recover the VAT.

No, that can't be right... :\

edit* No, of course it can't. Don';t be a prat, Malvolio. Outside IR35 the above is correct. Inside IR35, you can try and claim it (but from whom??) but in practice you will have bought the training out of your own income. Just like all those people with permanent jobs do... *edit

Comment

Not convinced it is not deductible under IR35 provided it is specifically to further your ability to perform your current contract or to obtain further work with the same company. If I were in that situation I think I would claim it and argue the toss with the IR. Look at the guidance and legislation and make up your own mind.

Comment

Working...
        X