• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of HMRC - overpaid tax interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    HMRC only send you letters for paying money back even if you contact them by email.
    Exactly, that was my point!

Comment

Thanks for the concern guys but it was legit.

Got an email (due to having paperless notifications set on the government gateway thing where you log in for self assessment and company stuff like VAT returns) saying I had a new message and to log into my HMRC account to access it. No link or anything in the email for security reasons.

Logged onto the gateway and accessed the message about the overpayment and refund due. Went into the side bar options to see a breakdown option showing it was accumulation and interest thereof going back to 2010.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
      X