• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax return question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I thought they were accountants not agents.
    Yes, a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBytes View Post
      Well it is too late isn't it. I know plenty of people in security cleared roles, same as mine, who operate outside IR35.

I did find it hard to tell them I asked to be inside IR35 and assumed they did the calculations accordingly. It's a big agency, SJD Accountancy.
      That's because the accountant would think you are odd.

You are allowed to have a substitute in a security cleared role you know. The sub just needs to be cleared to the same or higher level as well as having required skills, experience and qualifications.

In regards to using your own equipment that is irrelevant. Regardless of what type of and size of company you run - once you have data you cannot risk being stolen, infected or lost then you prevent workers using their own equipment.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X