• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another ridiculous contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not hard to deceive the contractors when they don't bother making sure they have a copy of the contract and read it before starting.

Are you sure they deliberately delayed it? What benefit is for them in that?

What's your opt in/out status?
    My status is Opt Out.

As I stated earlier, as per the contract terms, first payment will be made after 6 weeks after the submission of first timesheet. By delaying providing access to the timesheet by one week, they effectively made the first payment possible only after 7 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham View Post
      My status is Opt Out.

As I stated earlier, as per the contract terms, first payment will be made after 6 weeks after the submission of first timesheet. By delaying providing access to the timesheet by one week, they effectively made the first payment possible only after 7 weeks.
      Have you decided that or declared it?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Have you decided that or declared it?
        No, I did not decide or declare that. I assumed that because of the terms defined in the contract.
        I will see if they make the first payment as per the original schedule (6 weeks), as it was not my fault that I did not have access to timesheet system on time.

Comment

No, I did not decide or declare that. I assumed that because of the terms defined in the contract.
          I will see if they make the first payment as per the original schedule (6 weeks), as it was not my fault that I did not have access to timesheet system on time.
          "In the case of a contractor operating through a limited company who wishes to opt out, both the individual and the company must notify the agency to that effect in writing, and before either the introduction or the supply of services to the client."

An interesting read for you:
          Opt in, opt out? What the employment agency regulations are all about :: Contractor UK
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It seems there is a silver lining for you not receiving the contract until after you started.

Have a good read of the article LondonManc has linked to.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X