• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turned down by Cater Allen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Whats it go to do with the bank though what industry sector you work in?
    Client profile is big these days.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Eh? You're asking for a service, they're providing one. They have procedures to assess risk. You can argue those procedures with them, but they're not obliged to provide the service. For example, it's much more difficult to get banking services as a US tax resident following FATCA.

Comment

Weapons Manufacturers would be regarded as VERY high risk with regards to AML/Sanctions risk

Comment

They are not taking on new clients apparently. Have the feeling they are winding down.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
            They are not taking on new clients apparently. Have the feeling they are winding down.
            Interesting, where did you hear that? I can't say I'm overly surprised.

Comment

I'll soon find out as sent them an application form only yesterday!

@op, Instead of weapons maybe try 'defense industry'?
              Last edited by chriscomp; 11 September 2015, 20:56.

Comment

They ask because of risk with money laundering and working in unethical industries.

However unless you can guarantee every single client you will ever have will be in exactly the same industry it's prudent to just put a more generic description down related to what you actually do e.g. chemical engineer, IT consultant
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Very much doubt working in a defence related industry has nything to do with the rejection. The OP says he got a mortgage in the last 8 weeks so it could be a recent credit worthiness search revealed the lastest mortgage search which, if made via a broker could have resulted in a couple of individual searches.

Also of CA are winding down (they are just a branch of Santander who have wound their necks in over the last few years) that's a more likely reason.

I ditched them years ago, no great loss.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by chriscomp View Post
                    I'll soon find out as sent them an application form only yesterday!

@op, Instead of weapons maybe try 'defense industry'?
                    They actually wanted a breakdown of the day to day activities and which company I would be working at. The company has the word missile in their name.
                    Any way, applied to HSBC online, telephone call couple of days later and all is sorted

Comment

FWIW all's well at Cater Allen. My new application has been successful.

Comment

Working...
                      X