• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdonk View Post
    Hi,
    I'm considering changing my accountant as well, despite the fact I've been with them for a few months only.
    There have been a few things but what really annoys me is the time it takes them to reply to emails, it has never been less than 2 days and I find this unacceptable for £150/month.

I don't mind to use a software to enter timesheets and expenses, do I don't really need a keys in hand package but I'd like to have snapshots and overviews of my business (the fancy graphs).

Any recommendation?
    I agree the above does not sound like very good service for the money being paid.

Any company using an online portal would be able to meet your requirements above. (including myself of course )

Comment

Hi,
      I'm considering changing my accountant as well, despite the fact I've been with them for a few months only.
      There have been a few things but what really annoys me is the time it takes them to reply to emails, it has never been less than 2 days and I find this unacceptable for £150/month.

I don't mind to use a software to enter timesheets and expenses, do I don't really need a keys in hand package but I'd like to have snapshots and overviews of my business (the fancy graphs).

Any recommendation?
      Go with an accountant that uses Free Agent and try to get one that offers a dedicated personal accountant who will answer emails within 1 day. There's no need to pay more than £120 including VAT. What's good about Free Agent is that you can transport it from accountant to accountant because they are all using it.

Comment

Hi,

Any recommendation?
        You find 2 days unacceptable for £150 a month? I'm paying £294 a month and they still dont reply same day!

Comment

Hi,

Any recommendation?
          A good start would be the accountants who post on here and provide a lot of free insight and advice. Throw them a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Debz View Post
            You find 2 days unacceptable for £150 a month? I'm paying £294 a month and they still dont reply same day!
            Blimey, what does your company do to have to pay £294 p/m in accountancy fees? Can't be a standard contractor setup surely?

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
              Go with an accountant that uses Free Agent and try to get one that offers a dedicated personal accountant who will answer emails within 1 day. There's no need to pay more than £120 including VAT. What's good about Free Agent is that you can transport it from accountant to accountant because they are all using it.
              I have a dedicated personal accountant and still it takes a few days for her to reply.

Do you recommend FE over Xero?

Comment

I have a dedicated personal accountant and still it takes a few days for her to reply.

Do you recommend FE over Xero?
                Just to throw my 2pence in, I've had clients who've used Freeagent and Xero and the majority I've found prefer Freeagent. Xero seems to work better for bigger Companies whereas for a contractor company Freeagent is very simple to use and provides all the information you should need pretty easily.

I think both offer a free trial so why not sign up to both, have a play around and see which you prefer?

Martin
                Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                  A good start would be the accountants who post on here and provide a lot of free insight and advice. Throw them a bone.
                  I'm new here so not sure what I can and can't do. A new post would be OK?

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
                  I think both offer a free trial so why not sign up to both, have a play around and see which you prefer?
                  I will, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
                    Just to throw my 2pence in, I've had clients who've used Freeagent and Xero and the majority I've found prefer Freeagent. Xero seems to work better for bigger Companies whereas for a contractor company Freeagent is very simple to use and provides all the information you should need pretty easily.

Martin
                    Contratax Ltd
                    This ^

I'm a partner for both Xero and FA. Aside from the cost - Xero is about twice the price - FA is a little more contractor friendly.

Comment

I'm new here so not sure what I can and can't do. A new post would be OK?
                      Take a bit of time, read through some the threads, see what yo think about the posting accountants. Then select a few, check their website, give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                      X