• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd company address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is all this important HMRC/Co House mail and junk mail that accountants are supposed to get?

The only piece of regular mail is the annual corporation tax demand, which we get two copies of because one copy goes to the reg office, the other to the accountant. Why do I need it twice?

OK, there are usually a couple of items of junk mail for a newly formed company but very rarely anything else.

We offer reg office service but we certainly don't recommend or impose it. Our default position is for it to be the client's home or office address. If a client has a reason for not wanting that, yes, we'll set it to our office address instead. I don't really see any benefit for the accountant at all, in fact, I'd rather the small amount of "official" post went straight to the client so that they know what's going on. We don't need it as we have a database of deadlines etc., so aren't relying on a letter to prompt us to make a return.

Comment

You could use either your accountant or a virtual office service.

Comment

I stand by my original stance and opinion. I understand there are reasons why people would want to register their companies at their accountants but that option isn't for me.

Comment

Working...
        X