• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch Online Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for pointing this out JonNorris but I dont think its ideal as you have to wait 3 days for a PDF conversion to occur on a quarterly document only to log back in 3 days later to reconcile the account and crunch. Not forgetting there is a £5.50 + VAT charge for this. I may as well do it myself manually.
    Last edited by vadhert; 21 January 2015, 14:27.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
      Thanks for pointing this out JonNorris but I dont think its ideal as you have to wait 3 days for a PDF conversion to occur on a quarterly document only to log back in 3 days later to reconcile the account and crunch. Not forgetting there is a £5.50 + VAT charge for this. I may as well do it myself manually.
      It's far from ideal, I agree. One day a bank will decide to build a proper API.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNorris@Crunch View Post
        It's far from ideal, I agree. One day a bank will decide to build a proper API.
        FreeAgent seem to have nailed it

Bank Feeds - Barclays Business Accounts - FreeAgent

Comment

FreeAgent seem to have nailed it
          To clarify - an API that doesn't require a very close working relationship or a suitcase of cash to get access to

But for what it's worth Barclays Data Services is the best effort from a major bank so far - baby steps I guess.

Comment

Ahh fair point - Snap is a white-labelled version of Receipt Bank. The web app is all our own work though! If you want to DM me your company name I'll see if I can get a better answer for you on that.

No idea what their exact qualifications are (we're AAT & ACCA approved if that helps), but we have 19 accountants at the moment, running the gamut from apprentice to fully qualified.
            Thats a bit vague... does that mean 18 apprentices and 1 qualified? Also contradicting... an apprentice isn't an accountant !
            Last edited by saptastic; 22 January 2015, 09:18.

Comment

To clarify - an API that doesn't require a very close working relationship or a suitcase of cash to get access to

But for what it's worth Barclays Data Services is the best effort from a major bank so far - baby steps I guess.
              So will Crunch be doing something similar?

Will Crunch provide a mechanism for those with Barclays accounts to reconcile automatically as FreeAgent do?
              Last edited by vadhert; 22 January 2015, 10:00.

Comment

So will Crunch be doing something similar?
                Improving bank feeds is a huge ongoing project for us. We're not happy with the industry standard (Yodlee) from a security point of view so we've developed a few of our own, which we're hoping to build on. So long-term, yes - as to when, couldn't tell you unfortunately.

Originally posted by saptastic
                Thats a bit vague... does that mean 18 apprentices and 1 qualified?
                Fairly even spread of qualifications as far as I know - we have a rolling training thing so it's changing all the time, and we do a new intake of Apprentices every 6-12 months.

Comment

Improving bank feeds is a huge ongoing project for us. We're not happy with the industry standard (Yodlee) from a security point of view so we've developed a few of our own, which we're hoping to build on. So long-term, yes - as to when, couldn't tell you unfortunately.

Fairly even spread of qualifications as far as I know - we have a rolling training thing so it's changing all the time, and we do a new intake of Apprentices every 6-12 months.

Thanks that clarifies it

And you keep saying "we" but looks like you are a freelancer ?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Thanks that clarifies it

And you keep saying "we" but looks like you are a freelancer ?
                    Being as specific as I can be without touring the office with a pad of paper asking for everyone's qualifications. They're all on LinkedIn if you're desperate to find out.

I'm both - day job is at Crunch and I also freelance for various people.

Comment

Strange that you don't know, as the 'spokesman' for Crunch I would have thought you would know. I would guess that you actually employ very few qualified accountants, i.e. who have finished and passed all their exams and been accepted as a member of a recognised accountants body, not one of the Mickey Mouse, pretend bodies.
                      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                      X