• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inheriting share of ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
    I am by no means an expert on this sort of thing but it is my understanding that the executor of the will would act as a trustee (or appoint somebody else) for the children until they reach 18 (or older if specified, up to 25).
    Normally one would specify executor and trustees were they required. Generally appoint somebody you know and trust. Do not appoint your solicitor unless charge scales are also specified. Do not appoint your bank. Unravelling an old friends inheritance I discovered the bank was charging 7% for executing what was a very simple estate.

Comment

Working...
    X