• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should mention this today;I was thinking about how competitive some areas are, and that includes Project Managers. 50 plus applications for 1 job on Reed. Sue Ellen mentioned calling recruiters but that's never worked for me. They never returned my calls, might be something about me. Also there are some on here who are seasoned contractors and have built up a network of contacts and don't have to go down the Jobserve/CW jobs/ etc route. I am not one of those; most of my roles have come from Jobserve or Reed and what has worked for me is Fastest Finger First. Very targeted CV submitted as soon as the job is advertised, or as close as possible. Recruiters will generally submit their top 2 or 3 and if they get a CV very early that ticks the boxes then bingo. I've been called half an hour or less after submitting my CV because I am what they are looking for. Always remember that when you are job hunting it's always about you. Everyone else is just a competitor who is out to eat your lunch and dinner.

Comment

Build up a rapport with some trustworthy agents (there are one or two out there), so that you are in their minds when roles come in.

Comment

Working...
      X