• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I trade as a Limited Company, umbrella or composite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update : defo dont go with a composite

Comment

If a contract falls within IR35, and I am working through my own limited company, is the cost of using an fully inclusive accountancy service such as that offered by Nixon Williams tax deductable?

I've never contracted before and have read the guide here at the start of the thread but am starting a new contract from 3rd Jan with a company that insists on a business to business relationship and that I contract though my own limited as opposed to operate as a sole trader.

I take it that I could claim all legitimate business running costs and equipment I need such as a laptop as legitimate expenses, then claim the remainder of the monthly payment as salary and pay normal rates of NI and Income tax...

What about Corporation tax? If the expenses to legitimately run the company + my salary = 100% of the money coming into the company, I take it I pay 0 corporation tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Wvari
        If a contract falls within IR35, and I am working through my own limited company, is the cost of using an fully inclusive accountancy service such as that offered by Nixon Williams tax deductable?

I've never contracted before and have read the guide here at the start of the thread but am starting a new contract from 3rd Jan with a company that insists on a business to business relationship and that I contract though my own limited as opposed to operate as a sole trader.

I take it that I could claim all legitimate business running costs and equipment I need such as a laptop as legitimate expenses, then claim the remainder of the monthly payment as salary and pay normal rates of NI and Income tax...

What about Corporation tax? If the expenses to legitimately run the company + my salary = 100% of the money coming into the company, I take it I pay 0 corporation tax?

Comment

How exactly is asking these questions spam?

Comment

Stop Spam Blaming

Getting tired of people blaming every second post as spam.

It's an open forum and aimed at providing contractor advice.
            Being specific by naming accountancy firms is part of it and IMHO feedback about how well people get on with accountancy firms are very welcome.

Not everybody is posting 2000 times a week and frankly I expect most people are either newbies or simply interested readers rather than frequent posters. So having a low post count does not automatically mean a positive comment about a specific company is spam.

I can very well make up my own mind about whether or not I believe comments in this forum and I have no doubt most other readers are clever enough to make the such decisions for themselves as well.

Blaming people for spamming is inconsiderate, unhelpful and quite frankly rather offensive.

Personally I would like to see much more recommendations and feedback about what people like or dislike about the accountancy firms / service companies they use.

All that spam blaming does is that it makes people weary of posting positive feedback for fear of getting blamed and as such is very counterproductive.

PS: If I wanted to promote my Co here I could work up my post count quite easily by posting a bunch of spam claims to become more trustworthy.. now there is a thought!

Comment

I mentioned them literally as they were in the post above me and were relevant to what I was describing.

Comment

I mentioned them literally as they were in the post above me and were relevant to what I was describing.
                Personally I really doubt that you could claim as "legitimate" business expenses to that degree. There is no limit on them but what about things like mortgages, rent, food etc?

Comment

Ok lets simplify it:

If you use any accountant to handle your tax/expenses, is the cost of doing so a legitimate tax deducatable expense? It doesnt seem unreasonable to claim this.

Comment

Ok lets simplify it:

If you use any accountant to handle your tax/expenses, is the cost of doing so a legitimate tax deducatable expense? It doesnt seem unreasonable to claim this.
                    Yes - these are expenses of being in business.

Comment

Foresight One

Dear all

There are still compliant solutions out there for contractors working in the UK. If you are serious about looking for an advisor then please contact me by PM ([email protected]) and I would be happy to discuss various solutions based on your circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                      X