• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acer Bios - can't change settings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Bios - can't change settings

Want to change boot order so I can boot from CD.

Go into BIOS & can't change boot order. It just says none of the settings displayed can be changed.

Done a bit of googling and it looks like you have to do some hardware tweaks to remove this restriction. Some people talk about removing the cmos battery for 30 seconds, others talk about changing some jumper somewhere.

I seriously haven't got a clue & wouldn't know a CMOS battery if it bit me on the arse. Anyone had similar problems?

WTF do they make it so difficult

never had the problem with Acer PCs. OPen it up and see what the motherboard is, and google it

Comment

The CMOS battery will be a silver disc in a holder on the motherboard. Gently prise it out and leave for a minute then replace the same way, CMOS cleared.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
      X