• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries EBT - Castlemaine and general questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
    Hi

I've had a letter today form HMRC re-confiming the appeal is in place and that they will be writing to Bryrne and Partners to outline the HMRC stance on the appeal. They also state that this is not a retrospective taxation as the anti avoidance rules relevant to my case were in place at 2008/2009 !
    I have forwarded the letter on to Richard at Audacia.
    Anyone else received this type of letter?
    Feel free to PM if preferable.
    Hi rufus

Myself and a colleague have also had the same letter and forwarded to Audacia. Guess it's just HMRC twisting the knife a little bit more

Comment

hi there

I'm new to this site and don't know how to private message you. Could you drop me an email timsmith00 at yahoo.com on this topic. I'm also in this Castlemain thing. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgeorge View Post
        I'm new to this site and don't know how to private message you. Could you drop me an email timsmith00 at yahoo.com on this topic. I'm also in this Castlemain thing. Many thanks.
        Hi Bobgeorge

It's dead easy to p.m. someone. When you log on, look for 'Private Messages' at top of page

Cheers,
        Jez123

Comment

Originally posted by Jez123 View Post
          Hi Bobgeorge

It's dead easy to p.m. someone. When you log on, look for 'Private Messages' at top of page

Cheers,
          Jez123
          Hi Bobgeorge

I've tried unsuccessfully to PM you (It's probably not a good idea to use e-mail addresses as you never know who is looking at this forum) - You will need to contact a Moderator to give you PM rights - see some of the other posts on this forum. Speak to you soon
          Last edited by Jez123; 4 June 2013, 17:29.

Comment

New from HMRC

Hi Guys

Yesterday I have received a Self Assessment Statement from HMRC.

On it I can see a line "Assessment fro 08/09 suspended on appeal".

Has anybody else received such statement?

Cheers

Comment

Hi LudoP

Yep, I got the same on Saturday when I received a new Self Assessment Statement - It's HMRC's way of twisting the knife a little bit when everything's gone a bit quiet !

Jez

Comment

Yes I got one too. Just confirmed what I already knew really.

Comment

getting nasty

Hi All

Just to warn everyone

I had my 2010/2011 assessment through for Arnica Solutions on 24th December 2013. The appeal was posted on 6th Jan 2014 but I've just had a very nasty letter through from HMRC stating:

Please pay £ xxxxx.xx

"We contacted you recently about you overdue Self Assessment tax payment. You owe a significant amount, and you are currently in the very small minority of people who have not paid yet." It then went on to threaten that bailiffs would visit my home to view my possessions and arrange for them to be sold at public auction!

They had added the amount of 2010/2011 assessment to my tax code. When I phoned them to ask if the appeal had been received they advised it is now taking a month to process and if I call back on 14th Feb they will let me know!

What a bunch of charmers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jez123 View Post
                    It then went on to threaten that bailiffs would visit my home to view my possessions and arrange for them to be sold at public auction!
                    With BN66 we had quite a few incidents of HMRC representatives turning up at people's doors unannounced, even though they'd appealed.

They generally called during the day, leaving partners to deal with them.

If you get a visit, don't let them in. Simply tell them you've appealed the assessment and ask them to leave.
                    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 6 February 2014, 20:30.

Comment

Thanks for advice DonkeyRhubarb and I won't even mention the bad tempered dog!

Comment

Working...
                      X