• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing witness statement!

Just to update on the APN letter dated 15/10.

Just had a call from HMRC direct to myself rather than to AMLTax saying that i need to pay the APN immediately to avoid an enforcement notice being served.

They claim to have never received a witness statement on my behalf from AML.

Not happy. Raised this with AML who are now on the case but this is just another extra bit of stress that i could do without!!

Am steadily reading through the Big Group stuff with a view to joining soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmonkeyboy View Post

Just had a call from HMRC direct to myself rather than to AMLTax saying that i need to pay the APN immediately to avoid an enforcement notice being served.

Not happy. Raised this with AML who are now on the case but this is just another extra bit of stress that i could do without!!

Am steadily reading through the Big Group stuff with a view to joining soon!!
      Join us! We are legion!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmonkeyboy View Post
        HMRC seem to be "missing" a lot of docs. Including representation letters that were sent signed-for, and where the sender has proof of delivery.
        We are starting to hear about such cases. It is obvious now that the APN teams are not coping with the volume and the whole thing is fast turning into a train wreck.
        We have people on record reporting they received letters saying their APNs are stayed pending the determination of the JR they are party to. Problem: the people in question never joined any JR!!!
        Shambles, I tell you.

Join us in BG, it's a great time to be a member IMO.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

One of our guys was told, by one of the APN teams, that they've received over 10,000 representations.

They said it would be many months before he got a decision.

Comment

We have had a number of letters from HMRC promising response by a given date, one of which is Boxing Day, with the latest perhaps end January 2016 for a rep made in August.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              We have had a number of letters from HMRC promising response by a given date, one of which is Boxing Day, with the latest perhaps end January 2016 for a rep made in August.
              They keep writing requesting extensions. For our reps made in April, first it was June, then August, then October, now as you say January.

Anyone receiving an APN should make a rep because it may buy several months breathing space if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                HMRC seem to be "missing" a lot of docs. Including representation letters that were sent signed-for, and where the sender has proof of delivery.
                We are starting to hear about such cases. It is obvious now that the APN teams are not coping with the volume and the whole thing is fast turning into a train wreck.
                We have people on record reporting they received letters saying their APNs are stayed pending the determination of the JR they are party to. Problem: the people in question never joined any JR!!!
                Shambles, I tell you.

Join us in BG, it's a great time to be a member IMO.
                What a farce.

And HMRC is just an administrator, can't even do basic admin!mad

Comment

Just received a dreaded letter "assessment of income tax for 2011-2012" under the discovery provisions, demanding taxes paid by 5th December or penalties will be applied. Their numbers are difference from AML apparently provided, unfortunately on the higher side. Have passed on to AML and told they will be 24/48 hrs to get back to me.

There seems to be a lot of rejections of AML representation to HMRC. What's the result? Do the payments dates stand? Anyone made representation to HMRC direct? Worrying times.

Should state that I finally got round to joining Big Group.
                  Last edited by Nervous72; 10 November 2015, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Nervous72 View Post
                    Just received a dreaded letter "assessment of income tax for 2011-2012" under the discovery provisions, demanding taxes paid by 5th December or penalties will be applied. Their numbers are difference from AML apparently provided, unfortunately on the higher side. Have passed on to AML and told they will be 24/48 hrs to get back to me.

There seems to be a lot of rejections of AML representation to HMRC. What's the result? Do the payments dates stand? Anyone made representation to HMRC direct? Worrying times.

Should state that I finally got round to joining Big Group.
                    Do not mistake a discovery assessment - you can appeal and postpone the tax - for an APN where you can make a representation and delay the tax but not postpone it.

We have had some moderate success in having APN's withdrawn (without resorting to an expensive JR) and I put that down at least partly to each representation being bespoke and not part of a mass issue. I now know of two mass representations that have been rejected allowing HMRC to clear hundreds of claims in one fell swoop.

I'm not saying we achieve success every time (far from it), but we believe that individual attention is the best route forward.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Do not mistake a discovery assessment - you can appeal and postpone the tax - for an APN where you can make a representation and delay the tax but not postpone it.

We have had some moderate success in having APN's withdrawn (without resorting to an expensive JR) and I put that down at least partly to each representation being bespoke and not part of a mass issue. I now know of two mass representations that have been rejected allowing HMRC to clear hundreds of claims in one fell swoop.

I'm not saying we achieve success every time (far from it), but we believe that individual attention is the best route forward.

Hi Webberg, thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand the difference though.

AML state that they will appeal the letter within the 30days. What happens if it is rejected? Does the letter stand stand or is there still opportunity to negotiate amount or time to pay? Anyone with this experience?

Comment

Working...
                      X