• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC - Compliance check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC - Compliance check

Hi,

i have just received 2 letters from HMRC requesting a compliance check for years ending april 2014, april 2015. i submitted my self assessment for these years, and today was the lucky recipient of 2 brown letters, stating section 9A of taxes management act 1970.

they are requesting i send the following info:

amount of loans
    name of end user / client
    type of work done
    name of agency
    charge out rate

bank statements
    employment contract(s)
    loan arrangements

any advice appreciated?

or do i just have to provide this info to HMRC and wait for the inevitable?

cheers

Originally posted by Parsons View Post
    Hi,

i have just received 2 letters from HMRC requesting a compliance check for years ending april 2014, april 2015. i submitted my self assessment for these years, and today was the lucky recipient of 2 brown letters, stating section 9A of taxes management act 1970.

they are requesting i send the following info:

amount of loans
    name of end user / client
    type of work done
    name of agency
    charge out rate

bank statements
    employment contract(s)
    loan arrangements

any advice appreciated?

or do i just have to provide this info to HMRC and wait for the inevitable?

cheers
    First you are not alone. Suggest you contact the provider for help also look at joining big group. Doing nothing is not an option.

Comment

Do as the poster above suggested. And there is no such thing as "inevitable".
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Do as the poster above suggested. And there is no such thing as "inevitable".
        thanks for the responses.

will Big Group handle the communication with HMRC ?

obviously im not so keen on providing the info they requested, but appreciate i may have too.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsons View Post
          thanks for the responses.
          will Big Group handle the communication with HMRC ?
          obviously im not so keen on providing the info they requested, but appreciate i may have too.
          No.
          But on the Big Group you'll find many persons in a situation very similar to yours.
          If you need an agent to respond on your behalf or draft you a letter, I'm sure that's something WTT can do as part of their services.
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
          X