• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GEXIT Thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEXIT Thoughts

Gideon has gone and hopefully Gauke will follow shortly. Good riddance. it will be very satisfying to have it confirmed that there was no place for him in the cabinet and he was sacked. Hopefully the party will now start to view this war on avoidance and its tools such as APNs as counter-conservative policies and objectives. I have this feeling anecdotally from many Conservatives i know including some in Gauke's local party apparatus.
    I have written to Philip Hammond today on the matter. No doubt some of the great individuals on here such as Dotas and our professional constituency webberg will do the same. It may be that this flux gives everyone a break, advantage or opportunity to improve their lot I hope so for some of the people profoundly affected by this.

I think for the moment there is little to write to Hammond about and even if I did it would be buried in a lot of arguably more important stuff.

We will keep an eye on what is happening and when the time is right, we'll mobilise the Big Group membership with a mass letter attack.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      I think for the moment there is little to write to Hammond about and even if I did it would be buried in a lot of arguably more important stuff.

We will keep an eye on what is happening and when the time is right, we'll mobilise the Big Group membership with a mass letter attack.
      Would love one of those important tasks being the demise of Gauke
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

I really hope you are right.

In the past the letters have been responded to by HMRC. I expect it will be the same. Sadly.

Comment

Gauke was very tight with Osborne so hopefully he will be jettisoned as part of the In tray - it has all felt like his little pet project so one feels it would help to have him out of the picture.
          George Osborne 'uncorks the Gauke' once again | Coffee House
          Odious little sycophant
          Re Cork the Gauke

Comment

Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
            I have this feeling anecdotally from many Conservatives i know including some in Gauke's local party apparatus.
            If Gauke was my local MP I'd be picketing outside his house and constituency offices.

How do the local Conservatives feel about their loathsome MP?

Do they realise how hated he is?
            http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Gauke was very tight with Osborne so hopefully he will be jettisoned as part of the In tray - it has all felt like his little pet project so one feels it would help to have him out of the picture.
              George Osborne 'uncorks the Gauke' once again | Coffee House
              Odious little sycophant
              Re Cork the Gauke
              Practically joined at the hip.
              It will be interesting to see if Gauke does one of his infamous U-turns now that the new Chancellor is in place and he does not have the shadow of his former master to protect him.
              Wouldn't surprise us all that much.
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Hello Land Rover
                I was a conservative voter and member of my local association and that was because it was the party that best aligned to my interests. I left and cancelled my membership when this kicked off.
                I live adjacent to the great man's constituency and have many friends in it. There are large numbers of 2 and 3rd generation British Indian contractors and lesser number of white contractors in my constituency. There are a significant number in Gauke's too sadly not as many but there are a good few - along with professionals small business owners and larger business owners.
                I went to a Conservative Party Association event and the views I heard were as i mentioned above, the benefit of doubt was being given "on going along with Osborne"
                I am also considering moving there for the sole purpose of making life difficult for DG. As a small contribution to the effort beyond all the usual things we can all do, I am thinking of leafleting the stations over a period using the material on Dotas's site etc and webberg's points and considered hiring a billboard there.
                the guy will be doing what's best for himself so he may well do a u-turn.

Comment

I am also considering moving there for the sole purpose of making life difficult for DG. As a small contribution to the effort beyond all the usual things we can all do, I am thinking of leafleting the stations over a period using the material on Dotas's site etc and webberg's points and considered hiring a billboard there.
                  the guy will be doing what's best for himself so he may well do a u-turn.
                  I like your style.
                  Please keep us in the loop!
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Guake inside now

Let's see what happens, please let him go.

Comment

Working...
                    X