• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never upset your parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    I tell you, my kids are definitely worthy adversaries. (tulip, too many beers, have I spelt that right?)
    Kids are the adversaries not to be taken lightly...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Look I'm only one beer in, an hour ahead, feel like an used easyjet seat, and badly in need of a shower after all of today's travel. Now I'm asking you, why is procreation growing around the globe when we're our own worst enemy?
      Survival of the species init?

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        Who's llooking for love?
        Revenge, pure and simple whilst still in a position of power.

Power to the parents.
        If they have any sense they'll use the HUGE profit to book a cruise and leave the kid with the grandparent who smells of sugar puffs.

Kids. Whinging, ungrateful little bar-stewards the lot of 'em.

Comment

This is going to have an impact on the quality of care home the kids send them to in later years..

Comment

Looks like it's being bid up to ludicrous proportions (which will never pay up of course) probably by accomplices of the young lady in question.

Clearly this is a case of a parent that believes in never making idle threats, an approach I thoroughly approve of. I'm lucky I only had sons so the prospect of a daughter getting unexpectedly up the stick was never a concern for me, however I can understand and applaud the reasoning being the auction.

Comedy value as well as parental responsibility

Comment

It is right to give kids boundaries and stick to them. But its very poor form to do it publicly. Will build up alot of resentment.

Ideally one should try to be friends and remain firm but fair. Easier said than done!

Comment

Sometimes you have to act.

Couple of weeks ago we were going to Pizza Express for an evening meal. The kids knew it all day and their behaviour had not been good. In the car on the way home before the restaurant they were particularly loud / fighting in the car. Then attempting to get ready, talking back, not paying attention, shouting, running about!

After the last warning we cancelled it to much wailing and gnashing of teeth. They got beans on toast and an early night. Sometimes threats have to be carried through.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Sometimes you have to act.

Couple of weeks ago we were going to Pizza Express for an evening meal. The kids knew it all day and their behaviour had not been good. In the car on the way home before the restaurant they were particularly loud / fighting in the car. Then attempting to get ready, talking back, not paying attention, shouting, running about!

After the last warning we cancelled it to much wailing and gnashing of teeth. They got beans on toast and an early night. Sometimes threats have to be carried through.
                  But did you flog the uneaten pizza on ebay for £40,000? Failed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It is right to give kids boundaries and stick to them. But its very poor form to do it publicly. Will build up alot of resentment.

Ideally one should try to be friends and remain firm but fair. Easier said than done!
                    Hhmm.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Hhmm.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Hhmm.

Hhmm.
                      Bop.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X