• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geldof blasts 'sick' eBay sales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: that guy

Music is for music fans, chunts that have no interest in the music shouldn't be buying the tickets. At least Glastonbury have latched onto these chancers and only issue named tickets
    Numpty, what you mean is you had to pay a price above cover for a ticket sometime and you didn't like it. In a free market, any commodity will find its true value. Anything else (like named tickets) is in effect rigging the market.

For example, you might say this is ridiculous: "Property is for house fans, chunts that have no interest in the place as a home shouldn't be buying the property. At least Nationwide have latched onto these chancers and only issue mortgages to people who want to live in the house themselves" but it is, in effect, the same thing.

Comment

But surely this is a symptom of him (geldof) being naive. You offer somebody the chance of 2 tickets to a show at a cost of £1.50 a pair. However the market worth of these tickets is massively more than this. Why should somebody be critisised for selling them. The old adage that everybody has their price comes into play. So if you were offered £1k, 10K or 100k would you still not sell. I know I would.

Comment

As the tickets have not yet been issued, why doesnt Sir Bob have each one issued to the name and address of each winner. ID to be produced at event.
        Problem solved.

It is his own fault if he didnt see this coming.

Comment

Numpty, what you mean is you had to pay a price above cover for a ticket sometime and you didn't like it. In a free market, any commodity will find its true value. Anything else (like named tickets) is in effect rigging the market.

I don't buy your arguement, the Bands want to sell the tickets to the fans, the fans want to buy the tickets, thanks to the internet some people who don't like music see an opportunity to make money at the expense of the fans. Remember the tickets already have a cut for the promoter, the venue and the agency that sells them. Alot of bands don't want their fans ripped off, see Pearl Jam who buycotted ticketmaster, Michael Evas who has changed the glasto ticjet system to fook up the touts etc.

I do not get stung, because i'd rather not go that give money to some grubby little sh1t, more than I would one outside the venue. Tickets are/were always available from touts for those who wanted tickets desperately enough. Now it's a race against time with these feckwits. Anyway the bands/festivals are latching on so it won't be happening too much longer.

Comment

Great. So ffffing what. So someone wants to sell their tickets and someone wants to buy them.

Read some namby pamby sh1t on Ebay from people with comments like '50000 children died man and you're making money off it'

What toss! :rolleyes

Comment

I don't buy your arguement
              Numpty, the argument is sound. You are advocating for a variety of reasons rigging the market, in effect fixing the value of the commodity at below its market worth. Many people agree that is a sound approach. Most of them ran the economic bureaux of communist countries.

I hear what you're saying, but as a filthy capitalist scum who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes, I cannot condone it.

Comment

People will always buy and sell things like this because their value to one person is greater than it is to another. The moment this was announced, my first thought was that there would be loads of tickets on EBay. It was obvious really. Geldof may think he is being moral about this but I would say it shows up his stupidity more than anything else. Why didn't he sell the tickets for a proper price and the proceeds could actually do some good. Instead he practically gives them away leading to 100% pure profit.

Comment

Numpty, the argument is sound. You are advocating for a variety of reasons rigging the market, in effect fixing the value of the commodity at below its market worth. Many people agree that is a sound approach. Most of them ran the economic bureaux of communist countries.

I hear what you're saying, but as a filthy capitalist scum who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes, I cannot condone it.
                  Come on, not everything in life should be decided by economics we aren't talking about bread, there was a time you could buy your tickets anytime within the first month, now they can sell out in a day and be on ebay in a few hours this is not a normal market situation. The band et al have decided a price for their product which the fans accept, but now supply is being artificially restricted there is no need whatsoever for these middlemen.

These people (I'm not talking about geldof and africa that's far too emotive) are scum. They are the same people who auction themselves as 'friends' they have no understanding of common decency.

Your pro-arguement could quite easily be applied to recruitment consultants who do actually add some value for their sometimes large cut. The next person who complains about their agent stuffing them I'll point them in your direction and you can explain the laws of supply and demand to them and how it's all perfectly reasonable.

BTW I am as much of a communist as you are evidently a music fan.

Comment

Just relax, comrade, it's all a bit of fun.

As it happens, yes, the same market forces should apply to the client-agent-contractor chain. Unless you are advocating fixing the price of the resource (contractors) when demand exceeds supply?

Comment

Well, dear old St. Bob was in full on rant mode on PM on R4 yesterday.

What a twat.

Comment

Working...
                      X