• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Osborne demands massive cuts to windfarm subsidies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    There isn't any capacity and never will be. Get yer head out from yer arse.
    I assume you mean energy can't be harnessed from the wind, because you don't like the look of wind turbines.

Comment

Nuclear power is the only way to go
      +1

And we should develop electric cars then we can tell OPEC to go fook themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I assume you mean energy can't be harnessed from the wind, because you don't like the look of wind turbines.
        I don't give a flying fck what they look like, they don't work and never will.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Currently subsidies for offshore wind farms just about pay for coffee and stationary

Total cost of subsidies for wind, wave, tidal and solar combined is £0.7bn.
          A 25% cut in the few £million that is allotted to offshore wind against a total cost of £31 billion being spent by investors in offshore wind will have a negligable impact on the wind farms themselves as the wind farm developers/operators will simply recoup the money through higher electricity bills.

Some of you don't seem to realise that the major shareholders in the wind farms are the very companies that supply you with electricity and also own the nuclear and other power stations, companies such as Dong, e-on, EDF, SSE etc.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

And what do you base that conclusion on.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              And what do you base that conclusion on.
              Why Wind Power Doesn't Work - Forbes

14000 Abandoned Wind Turbines In The USA « Tory Aardvark

Wind FAQ » Europe's Ill Wind

Just for starters, go do your own digging.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Newspaper articles and crazy sites, little wonder you have the opinion that you do. You could just as easily find similar sites disparaging nuclear. Why don't you read something a little more erudite or scholarly, such as David MacKay FRS: Sustainable Energy - without the hot air: Contents, where historical wind speed data is provided.

Comment

Cliphead obviously speaking with wisdom and from a good broad knowledge base of renewable energy production and in particular wind turbines.
                  Please elighten us Cliphead;
                  • What are your academic qualifications?
                  • What is your Experience in the power generation industry?
                  • What are your technical qualifications
                  • What is your familiarity with various types of turbine design now available

I am getting really tired of reading about, and listening to the total feckwits who talk through their @rses on this forum. you have the minds of adolescent idiots and it is beginning to tire me just reading your brainless posting about subjects you know NOTHING about other than what they read in the tabloids or glean from a little googling.

answer one question. if wind turbines are such a bad idea, why is practically every country in the world installing them?

but of course, these IT helpdesk monkeys know far better than the thousands of people in governments and private industies worldwide that are working on the problems of supplying the ever growing demand for power.

The very idea of the subject being debated on this forum and the technology being criticised by some of the more obvious feckwits here whose greatest achievments seem to be getting p!$$ed and finding their way home afterwards, is quite laughable.
                  Historically they will be remembered for......................................er....... ....um............Ok, so they will be forgotten as soon as they turn up their toes, but they will be forever a legend in their own minds for the pointless futile debates they generated or engaged in on a forum that will disapear from the annals of history just as quickly as they and their mindless babbling.

I think what I am trying to say is. Your opinions are worth less than nothing. what you say is completely without worth because your knowledge of the very subject is as negligable as your intelligence.

YOU BORE ME
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Cliphead obviously speaking with wisdom and from a good broad knowledge base of renewable energy production and in particular wind turbines.
                    Please elighten us Cliphead;
                    • What are your academic qualifications?
                    • What is your Experience in the power generation industry?
                    • What are your technical qualifications
                    • What is your familiarity with various types of turbine design now available

I am getting really tired of reading about, and listening to the total feckwits who talk through their @rses on this forum. you have the minds of adolescent idiots and it is beginning to tire me just reading your brainless posting about subjects you know NOTHING about other than what they read in the tabloids or glean from a little googling.

answer one question. if wind turbines are such a bad idea, why is practically every country in the world installing them?

but of course, these IT helpdesk monkeys know far better than the thousands of people in governments and private industies worldwide that are working on the problems of supplying the ever growing demand for power.

The very idea of the subject being debated on this forum and the technology being criticised by some of the more obvious feckwits here whose greatest achievments seem to be getting p!$$ed and finding their way home afterwards, is quite laughable.
                    Historically they will be remembered for......................................er....... ....um............Ok, so they will be forgotten as soon as they turn up their toes, but they will be forever a legend in their own minds for the pointless futile debates they generated or engaged in on a forum that will disapear from the annals of history just as quickly as they and their mindless babbling.

I think what I am trying to say is. Your opinions are worth less than nothing. what you say is completely without worth because your knowledge of the very subject is as negligable as your intelligence.

YOU BORE ME
                    whs, and I thought cliphead was one of the more sensible ones.

Comment

Personally I want rid of all imported oil/gas asap. If it can be done with tidal/wind farms then great. I am worried what happens if the wind does not blow enough. Can we store enough power (like hydro scheme in Llanberis - electric mountain)?

It would be nice to be using renewable energy. If not then nuclear is the next best. I just don't want my a/c to go off due to lack of power - is that unreasonable?

Comment

Working...
                      X