• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software Training Holiday - Boot Camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    It's an uphill struggle. Then a slippery slope. You don't want to end up with frozen stock.

Snow joke, trust me.

Comment

Important training.

Yes, there are practical lessons: World's first sex school opens in Austria | Mail Online

Comment

Please welcome todays guest lecturer. Alex.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          It's an uphill struggle. Then a slippery slope. You don't want to end up with frozen stock.

Already gone off the rails, but that's bobs for you.

Taxi ...
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Has anyone ever taken a period of time off and buggered off to another country on a 'Training' Holiday.

They used to advertise them in South Africa. Head down for a month do a boot camp/accreditation etc.

Has anyone actually undertaken one of the intensive courses?
            I set one up back in the 90s - except it used Teneriffe rather than SA / India as a location

As a business model it worked quite well I had a colleague who was a MS trainer so bought him in as a partner
            the logic of setting it up was to allow contractors (of which I was recently one) to be able to get a holiday but claim for the costs of it by going on a course for the week.
            We did everything on a shoestring budget but didn't scrimp on hotel accomodation
            Minimal advertising and the majority of bookings coming in were from Blue chip permies who had caught wind of it! although we did take some contractors out
            Logistics were a nightmare
            ran some pilot courses and it was very well received and the profit margins were pretty good
            But then I started earning serious money in my day job and the hassle of arranging it all plus taking it to the next level (commercial)would mean betting the house on it - which with young kids I was hesitant to do so it withered on the vine
            Sometimes get wistful about not progressing it further and then selling it on
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
            X