• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greatest toys of all time received for Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Best / most played with would be the A-Team Van & Dolls - I decimated my sisters flower fairies / my little pony’s / Sylvanian families / barbie’s with them

Worst would be the necklace bead set

As you can see I was not a very girly kid.
    Was it pearl?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Was it pearl?
      tone
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      v

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Best for me was an Amstrad PC1512 with colour screen, twin 5.25" floppy drives and a 20mb Western Digital Hardcard! (ISA hard drive) at 14.

Not a toy, but my absolute worst xmas present was a bottle of that green Hai Karate aftershave stuff when I was 10 from my Aunt & Uncle...

Comment

The A-Team M-24 Assult Rifle got lots of use

Much like the Alligator game, the spring was powerful enough to do actual harm to any pets or siblings who got in the way.

Comment

Lego Space Monorail!

Except that I often didn't construct it as in the video below, I would set it up to go all over the bedroom, down the stairs, round the living room etc etc etc

It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Might not surprise you to hear that my favourite was my very first Horny train set. It consisted of an oval of track, a station and 3 LMS carriages pulled by BR standard class 7 no. 70013 Oliver Cromwell.

Another favourite of mine was Sticklebrix, anyone remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                Was it pearl?
                I was a little young then - BGG gave my my 1st pearl necklace; was that not sweet of him
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  Might not surprise you to hear that my favourite was my very first Horny train set. It consisted of an oval of track, a station and 3 LMS carriages pulled by BR standard class 7 no. 70013 Oliver Cromwell.

Another favourite of mine was Sticklebrix, anyone remember that?
                  Freudian slip?

Best for me was the year I got "Operation" I loved it! My Grandad on the other hand, not so much, he took the batteries out after about an hour

Worst was actually 3 Christmas's in a row I asked for Barbie and I got bloody Tiny Tears! She had a hole in her ass with a plug and you filled her up with water and then squizzed her. She cried and pee'd at the same time. Ugh... I wanted a Barbie.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

This:

Or this:

I used to stand at the model shop window drooling, eventually my dad noticed.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Best present that I recall was a Rubik Cube. This was before they had became mainstream and generally known about and I hadn't seen one before. I was hooked straight away and must have used it for months, if not years. I still have one, though sadly last time I tried doing it I had forgotten a lot of my moves and its solution needed a lot of trial and error.

Comment

Working...
                      X