• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Didn't Fall - It Was Pushed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok off the top of my head - Leonarda Da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Michael Faraday, Sir Isaac Newton,Galileo Galilei,Nicholas Copernicus, William Kelvin, Max Planck .... should I go on..?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Given how the thread started, maybe I shouldn't be taking peoples responses at face value .... but for the benefit of those who missed this, "The Onion" is a satirical publication.

Comment

Oh now you've done it Rebecca

OK Chico, the fact that the people you mention were christian had nothing to do with their inventions/discoveries/observations.
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
          Given how the thread started, maybe I shouldn't be taking peoples responses at face value .... but for the benefit of those who missed this, "The Onion" is a satirical publication.
          Shhhhhhhhhhh.... it was about to get amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            OK Chico, the fact that the people you mention were christian had nothing to do with their inventions/discoveries/observations.

Dundee their biographies tell a different story.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Jesus Car, a Jesus Radio, a Jesus Ship, a Jesus Computer!

Popemobile, happy clapper radio luvvie, the Ark, well IBM have risen from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                Dundee their biographies tell a different story.
                No they didn't.

Faraday, Davy, Plank, Maxwell and and others were Christians and some had a desire to prove the "existence of god" thought their research, but their empirical formulae were based on observation, not superstition.

The Onion is a satirical website. Think of it as a candle for the Christian moth.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

huh? Come again? yes hyperd whatever you say....
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, where is God in the theories behind Sir Isaac Newton's work? His gravitational theory is completely God-less, unless I have missed something!
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                      Chico, where is God in the theories behind Sir Isaac Newton's work? His gravitational theory is completely God-less, unless I have missed something!

I think you have missed a lot!!!!
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X