• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hand Over Document

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Over Document

I'm finishing the current gig tomorrow and need a template letter for the client to sign to say everything is sound, all projects up to date, security pass given back, they accept work has been satisfactory etc

Anyone got something they use? My brain is blank - I know what I want to say but everything I write sounds too formal and gimpy. A casualty of my solicitor background I reckon.

I just finished a gig, they had a standard form with tick box's, more for permi guys, but also fitted for a contractor, so handing back pass's, LAN id suspended, mobile phone handed back, laptop, laptop password removed, voice mail password removed..... etc etc.....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
      My brain is blank - I know what I want to say but everything I write sounds too formal and gimpy. A casualty of my solicitor background I reckon.
      The document herewith sets out the handover in such a format that is hereby deemed necessary to perform the stated task within the strictures of the following:
      Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "Contactor", and the party of the second part, also known as "The Client", do hereby and forthwith agree to a formally handover the aforementioned project wherein the party of the second part (Client) shall be accept without precondition the current position as a result of Contractor performance in that capacity to he was engaged upon duties and set in the contract and all other activities taken on voluntary and in his capacity of [Insert Role]
      Err, where was I…
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
        I'm finishing the current gig tomorrow and need a template letter for the client to sign to say everything is sound, all projects up to date, security pass given back, they accept work has been satisfactory etc

Anyone got something they use? My brain is blank - I know what I want to say but everything I write sounds too formal and gimpy. A casualty of my solicitor background I reckon.
        Did you have a schedule with your contract that laid out deliverables ? use that.

I've got a couple buried away somewhere but can't be arsed to find them.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Never done that, never been asked to. The only things I've ever had to give back are laptops which I've done gladly as the ones that contractors get given tend to be pretty crap (although the one I'm using now ain't too bad.) I've got quite a few security passes lying around which has come in handy sometimes as I can walk straight in when re-visiting the client as I often get invited back.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I knocked one up this morning and the client seem happy and have signed. Couldn't do it last night 'cause we had to go to the mother-in-laws to do her OFSTED stuff as her organisational skills are 0.

Not that I'm bitter at marking schoolwork at 11pm

Comment

Working...
            X