+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default Taking your Mother and Father to Court for £5 Million.

    Works in IT, Walter Mitty type character, sound like anyone we know


    Michael Dawes was given £1m by his father and stepmother soon after their win, but the judge said nearly all of it had been spent within a month.

    About £550,000 was spent on a house in Portsmouth, where Michael lived, but he also gave nearly £250,000 to friends and his partner’s family, and quit a well-paid IT job.

    At one point, the pair were spending up to £30,000 a month, including £1,000 a week on groceries. The judge compared their lifestyle to “some sort of Walter Mitty existence”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-for-more-cash

  2. #2

    crap ex-mod

    MarillionFan - scorchio!

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    34,861
    Thanks (Given)
    46
    Thanks (Received)
    514
    Likes (Given)
    260
    Likes (Received)
    2138

    Default

    I thought this was funny. They came across as the typical gay couple, pink pound, living it up, no cares in the world etc.

    His dad was super generous and he took the proverbial.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I thought this was funny. They came across as the typical gay couple, pink pound, living it up, no cares in the world etc.

    His dad was super generous and he took the proverbial.
    Amazed me really, looks like a real case of shooting yourself in the foot

  4. #4

    Godlike

    Paddy - scorchio!

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,531
    Thanks (Given)
    62
    Thanks (Received)
    155
    Likes (Given)
    277
    Likes (Received)
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Works in IT, Walter Mitty type character, sound like anyone we know




    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-for-more-cash
    He is also an ex-navel officer. It’s typical of ex-military types; they believe the rest of the country owes them a living. They are the worst kind of people for paying bills and most are fantasists.

    Lottery couple sued by their own son who claims he was cut out of £101m fortune during drunken row*
    Brexitentropy...

  5. #5

    More time posting than coding

    motoukenin has more data than eek

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    310
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    14
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Works in IT, Walter Mitty type character, sound like anyone we know




    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-for-more-cash
    Understand your sentiment, SAS makes some abrasive comments to people but when it comes to Brexit I don't see that anyone has ever made any real convincing arguments against his logic.

    Leaving our biggest trading partner on a deal even May has said wont be anywhere near as good as we have now
    Scientists and Engineers getting contracts cut because they will no longer be involved in major projects like Galileo, Fusion and Civil Engineering, Areospace etc. because they extend beyond 2019
    Loss of banking and many other jobs in other industries where they suspect a bad deal will hit their bottom line.
    A shrinking economy that will have bigger debts to manage and a country with one of the highest tax rates.
    Companies not investing because they know that skilled foreigners are needed to make any investment work.

    All I hear is that we will be getting control, but nobody seems to know what we will be getting control of, or that we will be creating new markets but no one know what new markets they are, feeble excuses that just don't bear any scrutiny, so I would say this guy is more of a Brexiter just going through life spending money hoping that it will all just turn out OK.

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoukenin View Post
    Understand your sentiment, SAS makes some abrasive comments to people but when it comes to Brexit I don't see that anyone has ever made any real convincing arguments against his logic.

    Leaving our biggest trading partner on a deal even May has said wont be anywhere near as good as we have now
    Scientists and Engineers getting contracts cut because they will no longer be involved in major projects like Galileo, Fusion and Civil Engineering, Areospace etc. because they extend beyond 2019
    Loss of banking and many other jobs in other industries where they suspect a bad deal will hit their bottom line.
    A shrinking economy that will have bigger debts to manage and a country with one of the highest tax rates.
    Companies not investing because they know that skilled foreigners are needed to make any investment work.

    All I hear is that we will be getting control, but nobody seems to know what we will be getting control of, or that we will be creating new markets but no one know what new markets they are, feeble excuses that just don't bear any scrutiny, so I would say this guy is more of a Brexiter just going through life spending money hoping that it will all just turn out OK.
    Eh???!!

    Does every post have to be reduced to Brexit?


  7. #7

    crap ex-mod

    MarillionFan - scorchio!

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    34,861
    Thanks (Given)
    46
    Thanks (Received)
    514
    Likes (Given)
    260
    Likes (Received)
    2138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Eh???!!

    Does every post have to be reduced to Brexit?

    Only a Bremainer would say that.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  8. #8

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    6,100
    Thanks (Given)
    803
    Thanks (Received)
    390
    Likes (Given)
    312
    Likes (Received)
    1740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Eh???!!

    Does every post have to be elevated to Brexit?

    FTFY
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,550
    Thanks (Given)
    365
    Thanks (Received)
    277
    Likes (Given)
    3523
    Likes (Received)
    1168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoukenin View Post
    Understand your sentiment, SAS makes some abrasive comments to people but when it comes to Brexit I don't see that anyone has ever made any real convincing arguments against his logic. ...
    Ah Brexit again. What a surprise. Xoggoth will be pleased!

    To address your point, briefly, as this isn't a Brexit thread, Remainers invariably base their arguments on the way things are today with regard to the EU. They never give a moment's thought to the adverse way things are developing and are likely to become in the not too distant future.

    An analogy is those smug or resigned fools on the Titanic who preferred to stay inside in the warm, sipping brandy, while sensible people with foresight were braving the cold outside finding places on the fast dwindling supply of lifeboats.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  10. #10

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    6,100
    Thanks (Given)
    803
    Thanks (Received)
    390
    Likes (Given)
    312
    Likes (Received)
    1740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Ah Brexit again. What a surprise. Xoggoth will be pleased!

    To address your point, briefly, as this isn't a Brexit thread, Remainers invariably base their arguments on the way things are today with regard to the EU. They never give a moment's thought to the adverse way things are developing and are likely to become in the not too distant future.

    An analogy is those smug or resigned fools on the Titanic who preferred to stay inside in the warm, sipping brandy, while sensible people with foresight were braving the cold outside finding places on the fast dwindling supply of lifeboats.
    You're not allowed in the lifeboat until you've paid your bar bill.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.