• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nelson Mandela

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I have been stuck. But not in the travelling sense unless you count travelling through this thing we call life. In fact, I'm a bit stuck now. Do you want to hear about it?
    Are you trying to distract me from the thread title?

If you don't mind sharing I would love to hear. Amazingly I have a dearth of problems right now!

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think they think it was likely to have been a bomb. Nothing's certain. When is it ever?
    I am quite sure that MF is a twunt.

They reckon they heard an explosion.

Apparently just 40% of insurances cover terrorist attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are you trying to distract me from the thread title?

I am quite sure that MF is a twunt.
      Having met him a few times, he's OK, as indeed are most people. In fact, I think it's his turn to buy lunch.

Comment

I read a review of a Mandela book a few years ago, Mandela wanted to prove how man he was to the armed struggle so he took an air rifle into the garden and shot a songbird, he was racked with guilt for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I read a review of a Mandela book a few years ago, Mandela wanted to prove how man he was to the armed struggle so he took an air rifle into the garden and shot a songbird, he was racked with guilt for weeks.
          Hitler poisoned his dog with a cyanide pill to see how effective it was before he and his Mrs took theirs....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Hitler poisoned his dog with a cyanide pill to see how effective it was before he and his Mrs took theirs....
            I would have tested it on the missus before giving it to the dog and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I hear that he was involved in some violent stuff.

My accountant reckons it was a bomb!

Comment

Hitler of course was the creation of UK and American imperialism
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Mandela was undoubtedly a flawed person, his politics were often nonsensical but then when you are banned from practising politics for your formative years how are you going to learn to be an effective politician.

Comment

Thought only Eva took the cyanide & he shot himself
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      Thought only Eva took the cyanide & he shot himself

There is some show on the history channel at the moment about finding Hitler, the premise is that he never died in the bunker but escaped.

I think it is along the same lines as the Oak Island program where they dig a hole, find a rust nail and then insist that the Arc of the Covenant is buried 200 feet under it.

Comment

Working...
                      X