• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And you thought the UK had gone PC mad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And you though the UK had gone PC mad

Thought so LB... 1999.

www.adversity.net/special...y_articles

The most sensible comment comes from the chap at the NAACP.

Comment

I blame the abolition of slavery, and giving women the vote, the whole damn world has gone to pot!
      No, as I've said many times before, I blame the working classes. Since they've been allowed to run the country...to hell in a hand-basket.

Comment

At least the guy had the integrity to resign...pitty some of the poms in similar positions dont follow his example in this country :rollin

Mailman

Comment

Then go here...

Comment

Thanks darm, I had a good laugh at that site. Here's a selection of stories, which all seem to be authentic:
            Plans to give out napkins with meals on wheels have been put on hold in Tewkesbury as council officers fear that OAPs might choke on them.

Glasgow University Conservative Students' Group have been told that they cannot fly the Union Flag over the University despite the fact that the rainbow flag of Gay Pride was allowed to fly last week without any questions from University officials.

The Metropolitan Police will no longer describe black people as black, it has been revealed, and in future both black and Asian people will be referred to as "visible minority ethnics".

The European Parliament today withdrew its history of Europe which had been written for schoolchildren but which astonishingly failed to mention the two world wars under the section on the United Kingdom.

A Worcestershire County Councillor has called on the Council to stop their traditional practice of starting a meeting with prayers. He seems to believe that the practice could fall foul of proposed new laws on religious discrimination.

A school in Islington has been asked to drop the word "Saint" from its title by the local council in case it offends other religious groups.

Comment

Thought so LB... 1999
              Ah well, some things are worth revisiting. I shall duly chastise my mate for bombarding me with ancient lore.

Comment

Plans to give out napkins with meals on wheels have been put on hold in Tewkesbury as council officers fear that OAPs might choke on them.
                FFS... In that case, better not give them cutlery in case they impale themselves, or soup, in case they trip, land face first in the bowl and drown.

And while we're at it, ban all clothing as it discrimates against class and nudists. But, ban nudity as it could offend all maner of groups.

Comment

We need a real big war to put life in perspective for many of us shame but its the only cure for these anal retentives.

Comment

Working...
                  X