• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in the Netherlands some advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in the Netherlands some advice please

Hi

I have a possible contract which is based in Amsterdam, I was after some information from anyone here who can provide some info on the following;

1- Recommendations on umbrella companies that deal with taxation/payroll for the region
    2- Typical costs to expect from such umbrella companies / what too watch out for etc. / what percentage salary would i actually get I've been quoted approx 65% after all deductions are done)

3- Finally if anyone can share any experience of contracting in the region (good/bad) would also be very helpfull.

I am new to the game so I do apologies for all the questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Amsterdam

Originally posted by Hyper7 View Post
    Hi

I have a possible contract which is based in Amsterdam, I was after some information from anyone here who can provide some info on the following;

1- Recommendations on umbrella companies that deal with taxation/payroll for the region
    2- Typical costs to expect from such umbrella companies / what too watch out for etc. / what percentage salary would i actually get I've been quoted approx 65% after all deductions are done)

3- Finally if anyone can share any experience of contracting in the region (good/bad) would also be very helpfull.

I am new to the game so I do apologies for all the questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    1. I use Corso for payroll services, they set up your sofi number, get your 30% tax ruling can recommend call/Email Long Yip

Long Yip
    [email protected]

CORSO CONTRACTING B.V.

ZANDSTEEN 27A 2132MZ HOOFDDORP THE NETHERLANDS
    PHONE: +31 (0) 20-6534100 FAX: +31 (0) 20-6534015 MOB: +31(0)6-57419649

2. 65% - 72% sounds about right, (with the 30% ruling) but remember you can't go claiming the travel/hotel expenses out of your UK limited company, they come out of the 65% that is left, but you have paid all your tax.

3. It's so expensive out here the red eye flights monday morning will be 300+ every week, a decent hotel that is not a hovel will be 80+ a night going up over the summer to its max in Sep of 130+ a night, you can get a flat for about 1200 a month. Beer is 7 quid a pint, a vodka is 8 quid and a curry + few beers out will be at least 50 notes.

any other questions let me know

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      1. I use Corso for payroll services, they set up your sofi number, get your 30% tax ruling can recommend call/Email Long Yip

Long Yip
      [email protected]

CORSO CONTRACTING B.V.

ZANDSTEEN 27A 2132MZ HOOFDDORP THE NETHERLANDS
      PHONE: +31 (0) 20-6534100 FAX: +31 (0) 20-6534015 MOB: +31(0)6-57419649

2. 65% - 72% sounds about right, (with the 30% ruling) but remember you can't go claiming the travel/hotel expenses out of your UK limited company, they come out of the 65% that is left, but you have paid all your tax.

3. It's so expensive out here the red eye flights monday morning will be 300+ every week, a decent hotel that is not a hovel will be 80+ a night going up over the summer to its max in Sep of 130+ a night, you can get a flat for about 1200 a month. Beer is 7 quid a pint, a vodka is 8 quid and a curry + few beers out will be at least 50 notes.

any other questions let me know
      Hi

Really appreciate your reply, thanks for the information. I will contact corso, can you recommend any decent areas to stay in Amsterdam (away from you know what) (any hotel recommendations would be good).

I have been made aware that no claims can be made on flights and hotel costs. Someone did state that I would also have to possibly submit a self assesment tax form at the end of the year in the UK, don't understand why I would have to do this if I am working in Amsterdam (this would be my only income) Can you provide any information on this??

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X