• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outrageous Agency Commissions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is the biggest idiot...

A not so dim prawn! I would hate to have to negitiate with you DP

Comment

commision calc

The commission charged is only calculable in one way
      It must be the percentage of what the client pays that is kept by the agent.
      i.e.
      (charge out rate - rate paid)/charged out rate

e.g. 10-5/10 *100
      =50%

Agent takes 50% of the money charged to the client

Below is the commission expressed as a percentage of the rate paid to the contractor (this is not the commission).

(charged out rate - rate paid)/rate paid

10-5/5*100= 100%

If the commission was really 100% the contractor would get nothing because the agent would take all of the £10 not half of it!!!

BTW This agency are rip off merchants

Comment

Re: commision

Why does this bother you, ?

You signed the dotted line for a price you were happy with.

The agent has a contract with the client and I presume the Client is happy paying so much.

In my view all parties happy, what is the problem...

Once youve been there 6 months ask for a pay rise, if the client thinks your worth it, they will either pay up or cut the margin made by the agent.

Comment

Working...
        X