• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Become a data spy!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Become a data spy!!!

Now surely there is a market for this.....

Sure there are the applications you can buy to spy on your loved one wurfing the net late at night while you sleep but wouldn't it be better for someone to do the dirty work for you?

I bet some companies would pay for someone to install a bug on a users pc to collect data. Sure they could do it themselves but better to call in an 'expert' but what if they want to do it without IT knowing?

It would be dead easy to hire someone as a fake employee to go under cover!

I'm wondering if it's a market.... or have I been watching too much BBC crime drama?

Very limited market at the moment I've looked into it but it will grow and I am keeping an eye on it, there is some pretty good software out there for bugging and the IT department would not know its there - allegedly.

Comment

Some company allegedly made a few bob doing that sort of thing. What was it called...began with "M"...Microsoft, thats it!

Comment

legislative minefield

I bet some companies would pay for someone to install a bug on a users pc to collect data. Sure they could do it themselves but better to call in an 'expert' but what if they want to do it without IT knowing?
        I bet they wouldn't if they know the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, and if someone installs spyware on a pc without permission then you'd also be looking at the Computer Misuse Act..

Comment

Working...
        X