• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Bank Account!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Bank Account!!!

Hi,
    I have been offered my first contract.I have recently set my own LTD but no bank account.Recently Royal Mail lost my Passport in transit and i don't have other relevant identity papers that i need to open a company business bank account? can you guys think of any bank who will take the copy of the passport for account opening? is internet banks good enough? please help as it is very urgent

I've recently started contracting. My Ltd bank account is with Cater Allen. I've found them very good and they seem to have a good reputation (no Internet banking though). I think I sent a photocopy of my passport to them (certainly wasn't the passport itself). It took a couple of weeks to get the account set up - I did it through my accountant who was able to give me an account no. instantly but the account couldn't be used until activated.

I'll now let the forum veterans abuse you for not searching for an answer before placing your question.

Comment

Working...
    X