• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Co. name on CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Co. name on CV

Bit of a basic one, but how / where do people put their limited company name on their CVs. Should I put it above my own name? Or do I need to completely redesign my CV now I am a limited company (i.e. emphasise that the CV is coming from a limited co, but offering the services of...me!)

Thanks for any tips!

Mine has the company logo, the company URL, my name then my moby number then my CV details broken down into (from the top):

summary
    skills list
    previous contracts (most recent first, no client names - 'global consultancy' rather than 'accenture')
    qualifications/certifications

That's it. No personal stuff beyond my name because it is not relevant. No age, no 'full clean driving licence' etc etc etc

Works for me, but each to their own...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

This is actually a good point!
      I have never actually thought about putting my Limited company name on my CV. I think I will do that now.
      Isn't it law now that all company correspondence should have company details on it now anyway!!

Thanks for pointing that out
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        No age, no 'full clean driving licence' etc etc etc
        For some of us thats the bit they are looking for!

My coys marketing document (CV) is set out as:

Details (name, location (not address!), contact details)
        Qualifications (still in an industry where certain documents are needed by law so these come first)
        Previous Contracts (for my coy)
        Previous Experiance (specificed consultants previous experiance - i.e. jobs before contracting)

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39
          This is actually a good point!
          I have never actually thought about putting my Limited company name on my CV. I think I will do that now.
          Isn't it law now that all company correspondence should have company details on it now anyway!!

Thanks for pointing that out
          Is this law applicable to cv also ? Then do we have to put reg. no. and place of reg. also ?

Comment

Its applicable to all company communications afaik. Of course you could claim the CV is personal.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, chaps!

Comment

But when your applying for a contract position and trek 50 miles plus to that interview. If it’s a personnel CV, therefore the HMRC can argue it’s a personnel application for the position, how can you claim your travel expenses back through the company.

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
                  But when your applying for a contract position and trek 50 miles plus to that interview. If it’s a personnel CV, therefore the HMRC can argue it’s a personnel application for the position, how can you claim your travel expenses back through the company.

Because you are going to see said client to discuss your company offering service provision, not to talk about placing you in a job. Get the mindset right...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                    Because you are going to see said client to discuss your company offering service provision, not to talk about placing you in a job. Get the mindset right...

Thanks for point that out, we learn something new each day. I still think it should be on your CV also.

Comment

Working...
                    X