• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Agency Trick?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore
    How dare you suggest Denny would be 'employed'. As he repeatedly points out, it is a B2B relationship...

Individuals are covered by the DPA; not Companies. You need to decide if you are a company or an individual.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      Individuals are covered by the DPA; not Companies. You need to decide if you are a company or an individual.
      Most, if not all information on a CV is about the individual not the company. Thus is covered by the DPA

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
        Most, if not all information on a CV is about the individual not the company. Thus is covered by the DPA
        But it's not a 'CV'. It's a 'brochure'.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          What if he is an individual within a company?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            Fair comment they should deal with it better than that

They should have seen just how long it was and pressed "delete"
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Why not email one of these people and highlight how this "senior person" seems unconcerned about people fraudulently impersonating him?

Managing Consultants:

Jose Fernandes
              + 44 (0) 20 7255 5573
              [email protected]

Edward Griffiths
              + 44 (0) 20 7255 5641
              [email protected]

Stephen Hellier
              + 44 (0) 20 7255 5524
              [email protected]

If they don't respond to emails, then I'm sure that since they publish their phone numbers they won't mind a call Ring them up and tell them that you're Detective Inspector Smith, following up a complaint about possible fraud - I bet they'll speak to you sharpish after that!
              Impersonating a member of the armed forces(Serving or retired - listening Threaded?) or the police force is illegal in the UK.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Impersonating a member of the armed forces(Serving or retired - listening Threaded?) or the police force is illegal in the UK.
                Didn't realise that - of course you could change your name to "Chief Inspector" but that perhaps takes it a bit far. Although someone did change their name to "Yorkshire Bank are Complete B@stards" I think, to get their point across.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In other words you were chucked off the contract "cos you was s***"
                  No, I was chucked off the contract because I refused to put made up quotes in a global magazine article I was writing and I told the client to stuff themselves because I had arranged to do an additional day's work for another client during the interview but found no provision had been made in place for me to follow it through once the contract started. Luckily I didn't lose my regular client because he sourced someone else in time. No thanks to tulip Hungarian bitch who Abraxas sourced me for. I'm not in the habit of messing my regular clients around, certainly not ones I've worked to for over 6 years.

Still, at least I ended up screwing Abraxas good and proper and that's probably why they decided to give me a first anniversary present yesterday. It was about a year ago I was sourced for that role.
                  Last edited by Denny; 13 December 2006, 19:28.

Comment

Sorry to sound cruel Denny, but my reading of this is that Abraxas were told by the client who asked you "to engage in unethical behaviour" put your dismissal quite differently (rightly or wrongly) and the agency came away thinking that you are a bit of a knob. Given this the agency decided to take flight from you.

Given your obsession with calling things as you think they should be called (EB instead of agency or Brochure instead of CV) and your determination to go to the wire on some of the most trivial issues would suggest that you are a bit of nightmare to employ.
                    If you mean I don't roll over and die when someone wants to tulip on my head, then I couldn't agree with you more.

Pity more of you don't follow my lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                      I was engaged as an individual at the time, not a company. A freelance individual (not brolly PAYE as they thought). Just shows what a bunch of muppets they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X