• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Secured job interview but

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I was told years ago that in certain countries there are a couple of people there to "help" the person doing the phone interview.
    Correct, we had to tell other people from TATA to drop off an interview call, they were pinging the guy answers......trouble is they were wrong
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was told years ago that in certain countries there are a couple of people there to "help" the person doing the phone interview.
      A certain bank carried out a very good phone interview with a Bob. Got him in for a face-to-face and he couldn't speak a word of English!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        A certain bank carried out a very good phone interview with a Bob. Got him in for a face-to-face and he couldn't speak a word of English!
        I'm surprised they just didn't do the thing some people are alleged to do on driving tests - send someone else then send the real person for the job.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm surprised they just didn't do the thing some people are alleged to do on driving tests - send someone else then send the real person for the job.
          A software company fell victim to that. Yer man started on site - fine enough to speak English but he just hid in his booth all day emailing his work requests back to India and trying to look busy. Of course, his code was up to scratch but he was taking longer than the others to do it so eventually got rumbled.

Then there's the ultimate in urine extraction......
          US employee 'outsourced job to China' - BBC News
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X