• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculative Investment

Golden Prospect Precious Metals (Ticker: GPM)

This is risky but not quite as risky as dabbling in individual AIM shares.

It's an investment trust, managed by NCIM, which invests in gold and silver miners across the world. The fact that it's diversified across many miners offers some degree of protection against single company failure.

It is also eligible for an ISA.

The bid-offer spread is quite wide (currently around 3%), so it's not one for jumping in and out of.

Fact Sheet:
    http://ncim.co.uk/fact/gppm.pdf

The following chart shows how volatile it is.
    GPM.L Technical Analysis | GOLD PROSP PREC MET Stock - Yahoo! Finance

It could be a good long term bet but, of course, there are no guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Golden Prospect Precious Metals (Ticker: GPM)

This is risky but not quite as risky as dabbling in individual AIM shares.

It's an investment trust, managed by NCIM, which invests in gold and silver miners across the world. The fact that it's diversified across many miners offers some degree of protection against single company failure.

It is also eligible for an ISA.

The bid-offer spread is quite wide (currently around 3%), so it's not one for jumping in and out of.

Fact Sheet:
      http://ncim.co.uk/fact/gppm.pdf

The following chart shows how volatile it is.
      GPM.L Technical Analysis | GOLD PROSP PREC MET Stock - Yahoo! Finance

It could be a good long term bet but, of course, there are no guarantees.
      At the risk of veering off topic, you could just spreadbet gold. This is the weekly spot gold chart.

Spot Gold Weekly Chart

You can see its in a very bullish channel. A good entry would be to go long on a pullback to the channel.
      I personally wouldnt buy gold or a gold related stock at the current level without a pullback because spot gold is flirting with the 1500 level where we might expect some profit taking.

Obviously, this advice is given at your own risk! And if Hector is reading this, I advise he invests in Ireland, Greece and Portugal
      Last edited by SantaClaus; 18 April 2011, 20:38.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Court listings

The list on the court service website hasn't been updated for the past 2 weeks.

Court Hearings - Court of Appeal Civil Division

An up to date list can be found here:

CourtServe Information Centre

Open the latest edition of Daily Cause

Comment

The list on the court service website hasn't been updated for the past 2 weeks.

Court Hearings - Court of Appeal Civil Division

An up to date list can be found here:

CourtServe Information Centre

Open the latest edition of Daily Cause
          I have been looking here since I noticed it wasnt updating:

Court of Appeal Civil Division

Is this correct ?
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
            I have been looking here since I noticed it wasnt updating:

Court of Appeal Civil Division

Is this correct ?
            Yep, that's also up to date.

Comment

Am I right in saying that it was the LJ's who suggested a decision would be made before Christmas, or was that an assumption by our legal counsel?

RS

Comment

Originally posted by RingStinger View Post
                Am I right in saying that it was the LJ's who suggested a decision would be made before Christmas, or was that an assumption by our legal counsel?

RS
                Supposedly that's what they said but there are conflicting recollections of this.

One thing I know for certain that they did say is that we would need to be patient.

Comment

Supposedly that's what they said but there are conflicting recollections of this.

One thing I know for certain that they did say is that we would need to be patient.
                  Don't suppose we missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                    Don't suppose we missed it?
                    surely to be consistent with the retrospective legislation they should be able to say this judgement was made already in 1987?
                    :-)

Comment

have a good easter folks....

Comment

Working...
                      X