• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Secretary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Secretary

Hi,

My Co is a Ltd with me as sole director and I pay for a "virtual" Company Secretary as an annual service.

Can I now dispense with the Company Secretary - Guess there's a form at Companies House for it?

Have the banks caught up with the new legislation as the last time I thought about opening a Business savings account, it still needed to be signed by the Co Secretary.

Ta

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Hi,

My Co is a Ltd with me as sole director and I pay for a "virtual" Company Secretary as an annual service.

Can I now dispense with the Company Secretary - Guess there's a form at Companies House for it?

Have the banks caught up with the new legislation as the last time I thought about opening a Business savings account, it still needed to be signed by the Co Secretary.

Ta
    Yes - CoSec needs to resign position. You don't need to appoint a new one.

No they haven't. At least not on their forms. Cater Allen said, if your CoSec has resigned, you can get somebody to witness your signature on forms requiring two signatures. I had to do this to get a Company Visa card.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Thanks - maybe I'll keep the service for a year to allow the banks to catch up!

Comment

You would need to use the form 288b to remove the Company Secretary from the Companies House records.

Cater Allen can certainly handle a company without a Company Secretary, I do not know about the other banks but I would have thought the situation was the same with them.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
          You would need to use the form 288b to remove the Company Secretary from the Companies House records.

Cater Allen can certainly handle a company without a Company Secretary, I do not know about the other banks but I would have thought the situation was the same with them.

Alan
          Thanks Alan,

Easier than I thought - filed 288b online at Companies House and job done.

Comment

Working...
          X