• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potentially going FT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially going FT

Im contemplating going permie around Feb-March next year. My company year runs to end Nov, so I expect to be running my Ltd for about 3-4 months into the next company year. Im currently with SJD, does anyone know what happens when I need to complete my company returns etc for the few months I would of ran my Ltd for in this coming year if I did decide to go permie? I imagine they would do these for me, for a fee?

On a sidenote, my monthly accountancy bill has increased to around £112 a month, which personally I feel is a lot. If I stay as a contractor I would likely want to move my accountants to something a little less costly, or is this the going rate for most accountants?

If you are sure you are going permie then close the company. Yes, accountants will charge for this.

As for SJD charge there is no "going" rate. Some accountants charge more (mine charge £75/month) but then they do very little.

If SJD are doing all your returns and monthly payroll then that is about right - again some charge more some less. If you are happy then stay if not move.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2704 View Post
      On a sidenote, my monthly accountancy bill has increased to around £112 a month, which personally I feel is a lot. If I stay as a contractor I would likely want to move my accountants to something a little less costly, or is this the going rate for most accountants?
      Don't see the problem with £112, that is £95 + VAT and that is cost advertised on their website. Therefore, it is a little unfair to say that it has increased.

Comment

It used to be £85+VAT = £99.88 until fairly recently, so I think it's fair to say it's increased.

Comment

112 a month seems excessive as there is another accountant who contributes to this form and charges about 70 a month
          As far as I'm aware they provide exactly the same service

Comment

Many thanks for the replies

I had a response from SJD also, giving me two options. First to go dormant, meaning no trading activity for a year, but would still be required to file annual accounts and returns. This would be 30+vat a month. Second, is to close the Ltd co, which would be 125+VAT would mean that all funds and expenses would be paid at the cessation date which must be at the end of a calendar month.

SJD have been really good, no problems with them but since the monthly fee has broken the 100 threshold it seems to me I could find a cheaper alternative.

Comment

SJD are a bit overpriced now. If I was starting out now, I would go elsewhere. Good service.... but not that good as to justify payng over the odds.

Comment

We've been with Upton & Co for around 18 months now, really we can't fault them.

Just over half the proce of SJD, and a bit cheeper than NW. They definately save us more than they charge us.

Comment

Working...
                X