• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Striking Company Off - Who should I advise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striking Company Off - Who should I advise?

I have a Ltd company setup by Brookson, which hasn't traded and needs to be struck-off. Brookson told me to complete form 652a and send it to company house which I duly did. I've since been reading up and think I should probably have notified the VAT man and HMRC and also closed the bank account first. Does anyone know if I need to do all this now? Anyone else recently closed a Brookson setup company?

Originally posted by AndyK
    I have a Ltd company setup by Brookson, which hasn't traded and needs to be struck-off. Brookson told me to complete form 652a and send it to company house which I duly did. I've since been reading up and think I should probably have notified the VAT man and HMRC and also closed the bank account first. Does anyone know if I need to do all this now? Anyone else recently closed a Brookson setup company?
    The order should be:
    1: Inform HMRC & VAT that company has ceased trading
    2: pay any outstanding VAT
    3: prepare closing accounts
    4: empty bank account
    5: apply for striking off with a 652a

I have though got away with the following order:

HTH
    Last edited by Troll; 5 July 2007, 12:11.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

In this case the company has not traded so no VAT and final accounts to do or account to empty. Probably the order should have been:

1: Inform HMRC & VAT that company has never traded and will be applying to strike-off company
      2: Close bank account
      3: apply for striking off with a 652a

I done 3, will now do 2 but think I'll just wait and see if the HMRC or VAT have any queries.

Comment

Working...
      X