• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online filing - IR incentives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HAHAHAHA

Isn't that what I said Fiddle?

I think harrysp may be the one who is confused.

I was trying to explain why some accountants often charge £125 for doing personal tax returns. Hector thinks there should be a charge and, I have been led to believe, dislikes situtations where accountants don't charge the individual but hide the cost of personal returns in the company's fees.

Whatever the situation, the accountant is still going to do some extra work and therefore should be able to charge for it if he so desires.

SJD can correct this but they include one personal tax return within the yearly fee if they are handling all your monthly tasks. They charge a fee for a personal return if they are only doing your end of year books.

Comment

P14 & P35's

SJD want to charge my company the sum of £125 + VAT to register my company to be able to submit P14's and P35's online.

This is because the whole process needs to be carefully managed and my accountant is personaly overseeing all of this.

Oh yeah I bet he is, or may be I am just a tight wad :-)

Comment

Re:Online Filing

You can do all the online filing stuff yourself using the Revenue's online filing. All you need to do is register with the IR and get the correct PAYE/NIC figures from whoever does the payroll and then do the P35 and submit it yourself. Sounds worth it if they're charging you £125 for it. The questions on the P35 aren't exactly challenging.

Comment

Re: Re:Online Filing

Ok, ignore everything I wrote above.

As though you haven't already.

Right, which database shall I break now?

Comment

Re: Re:Online Filing

so is Simon from SJD going to come on here an justify this charge??

'oversee the and manage the filing personally' :lol :hat :b :lol

Comment

Perhaps I'm not a tightwad...

..but spending two hours income for someone else to do something I would find incredibly boring and probably take longer than two hours to do doesn't seem like too bad a deal to me.

OK, so perhaps SJD are expensive in this particular case, but that's the wrong attitude - you've got to look at things from the view of how much of your time you're saving, not how much someone else is charging.

Comment

Re: Perhaps I'm not a tightwad...

what about the fact that as far as i know no other accountants are charging for this service?

most accountants (especially if they see themselves as upto date and proactive - have payroll in place to file the returns at a flick of a switch)

money for nothing if you ask me..

Comment

Re: Perhaps I'm not a tightwad...

Oh come off it - most accountants already produce the P14 and P35 forms for their clients. If you think it would take 2 hours to transfer a few figures onto an online return you really are deluded

Comment

Re:Time

If you think it would take 2 hours to transfer a few figures onto an online return you really are deluded
                    Especially if you consider that most payroll programs do it automatically anyway. Is this a case of recovering other costs?

Comment

Re: Re:Time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My freaking accountant wants to charge me something like £125 + vat, he is having a laugh, it looks pretty straight forward to me, now what was my name again ...... lol
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry are you giving us the full SP on this one? You only have five posts to your name, are you just trying to create trouble, or are you Buck under a different ID?

Have you spoken to an Accountants manager at SJD about this charge?

No other SJD client has mentioned this additional charge of £125, why are you the only one to be charged this and complain about it?

I think you have a hidden agenda and certain people are now trying to capitalise on this!

Comment

Working...
                      X