• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity Insurance - necessary or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accountant with no PI

Maybe you should make that clearer rhino ?

it is rather misleading....

Comment

Re: Accountant with no PI

Many of the brolly/composites provide it inclusively
      Yes and of course those darling umbrella companies do it all for free and without a hint of self-protection.

Comment

re

If you think that you're a professional and you want people to treat you like a professional, then act like a professional. Get it. Some projects (and agencies) expect you to have PII on joining.
        Or you could act like a business man and only spend money where it's necessary, thereby looking after the bottom line.

I don't have it, have never heard of anyone else with it, and have never heard of an instance whereby someone has belatedly needed it.

Comment

PI

www.contractoruk.com/cgi-...-%25B-%25Y

Comment

Re: PI

I think that's what's known as a 'blatant add' Freshblue.

Moderator - please remove the post?

Comment

How can it be a blatant ad, it goes to a CUK site?

And that leads you to Caunce if you click on a link.

Wow.

Comment

Sorry to offend tulipeghost - just my idea of a joke.

Caunce do of course pay CUK a referral fee - would we have it any other way?

Comment

My current contract specifies that my company must indemnify the agent for claims against employees of my company. It does not specify the company must take out PI insurance.

In the absence of that insurance the claim would fall against my company assets - a battlescarred desk, 3 clapped ot PCs and a handful of other junk plus some capital - total value probably < £500. Nobody has ever asked to see copies of any insurance certificates.

Some years back I had a contract through Spring which in the small print said the company must have PI insurance. Once again nobody asked to see a certificate.

I've never taken out PI insurance and have no intention of doing so unless forced. I rely on the protection offered by my Ltd. and in not being Milan.

Comment

Antagoneyes, do you think they'll pay me a fee since I mentioned them first?

Comment

Antagoneyes, do you think they'll pay me a fee since I mentioned them first?
                      Unfortunately not - CUK don't tolerate the independant salesman.

If it were between us you would get the commission - not because you mentioned them first but because I don't believe in the product. Freshblue obviously doesn't count:-)

Comment

Working...
                      X