• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fiduciary Advance and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter View Post
    Just starting a contract that's inside IR35, (public sector) and been advised by the agency that I need to contract through an Umbrella Company. Previously always been outside IR35 and gone via my own PSC.

I'm been approached by an Umbrella company that has said that via an agreement with a Trust, it will allow me to receive funds by way of a Fiduciary Advance which is non taxable.

The advice is that I "will become an employee of the preferred Umbrella Company. As an employee, IR35 just isn't applicable so this is something you needn't worry about.
    They will pay you a salary and pay all Tax and NIC's due on your behalf. "

With this in mind I can take home about 84% instead of approx 60%.

This is all new to me. Anyone else done this and is it legit???
    Errrrr, no!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
      Errrrr, no!
      Don't be mean - there are still people who don't know the saying "If it sounds to good to be true, then it is"
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X