• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self employed and contracting at same time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self employed and contracting at same time

hi

ive bought a buy to let as an investment in my own name, and also contract. im planning on retiring early and will use
    the rental income as well as savings, maybe remote contracting too.

is registering as self employed the best way to do that as an employed director as well?

I may be wrong, but the income from your BTL just goes on your SA100 as Rental Income. Income from employment, partnerships, sole trader etc all recorded separately.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

If the question is whether you can report self-employed income alongside being a company director and reporting salary, plus dividends as a shareholder then, yes, there's nothing to prevent this. It all goes on your SATR. As to whether it makes sense, how the feck should we know based on what you've told us?

Comment

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
        hi

ive bought a buy to let as an investment in my own name, and also contract. im planning on retiring early and will use
        the rental income as well as savings, maybe remote contracting too.

is registering as self employed the best way to do that as an employed director as well?
        Do what?

Comment

Working...
        X