• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Terminated - Brand and Professional Skill Damage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top manager move, get rid of the tulip contractor and blame you for everything that's happened on the project, wether your fault or not, he has a get out of jail free card for months

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger2017 View Post
      I guess there is a always a first! But, in the notice of termination email the manager has made a few unsubstantiated claims of my skills, professional attitude and deliverable. I am trying to protect myself when the end client sues these clowns, they don't come after me on the basis my services were terminated on the above ground.

The fact is their reasons to termination me are false, i was happy to go anyways. I just want a way of enforcing them to 'be honest' rather than make false accqusations.
      It all depends how aggrieved you feel about these allegations. He has after all committed them to record via the email. If they are false and he's unable to substantiate them, then he has libelled \ slandered you. These arent just 'honest' opinions if they damage your professional reputation.

However, I think the onus is on you to prove the libel \ slander so you would have to prove his comments about your attitude and skills etc are incorrect.

You could respond to both him and his company that you are taking legal advice whether his comments in the email are libellous \ slander and invite him and his company to withdraw them but you could be opening a bigger can of worms.

As Ive said, it happens in the contract world. You either accept it and move on or take a stand. Most of us put it down to experience and move on.

Comment

Working...
      X