• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Insurances (PI, PL and EL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Every year I ask the same question and every year you all berate me enough that I renew anyway... just off to get my credit card and give QDOS some moolah
    You know it makes sense
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So PI, PL and EL, we all know for your average IT contractor these are a swizz, you're never likely to claim on them and we only take out these policies because they are required as evidence by agencies before starting a new contract. To all intents and purposes they are the equivalent of throwing a few hundred notes out of the window every renewal date. So mine are due for renewal, am in a contract at the mo which will likely extend until the end of the year if not longer. Do I bother renewing now or do I wait until I am required to provide evidence again that I have them for my next contract down the line?
      I have a clause in my contract that requires me to be insured throughout my contract so I'd check your contract. Plus it's bobbins so I'd renew. PL definitely if you're on site.

Comment

see you again next year

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          see you again next year
          haha yep signed up with QDOS for another 12 months, expect a post this time next year asking the same question (unless the ar$e has fallen out of the contracting market by then and I've bailed in favour of a job at Tesco's stacking shelves...)

Comment

haha yep signed up with QDOS for another 12 months, expect a post this time next year asking the same question (unless the ar$e has fallen out of the contracting market by then and I've bailed in favour of a job at Tesco's stacking shelves...)
            Fook me, that year just went by real fast.

Better check back to see I have been billing for the majority of it
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X