• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Governments investigations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Governments investigations

( this post moved from the german tax cometh thread )

I guess what concerns me whether other than German governments are already known to employ that procedure where they contact end clients and possibly agencies for the sole purpose of tracking down IT contractors. This is the gotcha when the government stars talking directly to end-clients.

Lets face it if Germany is doing it, sooner or later every other government will try to do it, they just need to catch up technologically and organizationally. Which to some other EU countries may mean 20 - 40 years .... maybe less. I am not sure where the mid-level countries : Belgium/Netherlands/Scandinavians/etc stand on this re tracking down IT contractors.

I am aware of more and more EU countries's Revenue Agencies getting technologically connected to the corresponding agencies in other countries for the purpose of exchanging information on who worked where. That is to track who paid taxes where.

So these investigations are only beginning to ramp up. Soon there may be no place to hide. And if then they ask your son to pick up a gun and go to war with someone. Tell him "sorry son, I had go along with it all".

And please don't use the word taxman. I don't see anything masculine about this system.

The Nordics make people do tax returns every year and are good about knowing if foreigners are in their country.

They leave you alone if you stick to the rules. If you don't they will find you quickly.

There are posters on here who have had tax taken out of their invoice amount when they tried not to declare it.

There are older posts about Belgium and Netherlands. In short you cannot evade the taxmen there.

BTW taxman is just slang for tax collector
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X