• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well ****

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

have you considered taking a shower?
    I think that should be a top tip on a different thread

Comment

I wonder what the actual current market rate for your skill set is.

For reference since April the going rate for mine has returned to £700 (outside) from a low of £450.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen
        Have you consider remedial reading? Together with showering, it would probably improve your life.

I never said I was "amazing". That is your projection. I said we were doing OK for what is for all intents and purposes, a difficult project.
        Money is OK for my own circumstances( I prefer to work remote 100%). Market average, which is nice for a fully remote osition.
        Yeah yeah I know around here everybody gets 50% over the market price, but as I'm not an aging man with shrinking goolies I feel no need for that kind of narrative.
        I guess I was caring too much about the project and it was stressing me out- which I really shouldn't be doing.
        Deciding to not stress about it makes a lot of difference.

One of the things people learn as they grow up is to not treat their assumptions and projections as reality. I suggest you consider that.
        While I understand this is a middle aged men with lowered testosterone and horrible complexes forum, it does get slightly tedious at times. Maybe consider a gym, a change in hygiene and a diet to feel better about yourself?

And since you seem to be rather slow: I am a woman. Your inane attempts to bullhorn the nasty nasty "sexism" claim is about as bultulip as everything else you've been projecting.
        You implied you are amazing and you fixed everything until the PM was brought in

The thing is- this sort of mentality and ****ery is WHY I was brought in. This is what I was supposed to fix. This was what I fixed until boss decided to fall back into the same bulltulip they'd done for 10 years.
        But, if everything was running so well, there would have been no need to bring in a PM as extra resources = extra cost, and no company really wants to increase costs on any project

Must confess, I had you down as a sexist bloke, so I apologise for that .... but you certainly have a chip on your shoulder about this 'woman' .... if not you'd just use their job title of PM, as the sex of the person is totally irrelevant.

As for me, I'm an athletic, fit, good looking, hot bit of fluff that the local ladies are drooling over. So I assume the time I spend in the gym is already paying dividends thanks I can provide photo evidence if you like, but I don't want to make all the ladies (and vetran) on here swoon over my gorgeousness

But, back on topic, it reads like your nose was put out of joint by bringing in a manager above you and changing your line of communication between you and the 'boss' (you're a contractor, they are clients, not your boss). Ever thought that the boss may have done this because he/she wanted to stop the constant whining of the developers taking up all his/her time?

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think that should be a top tip on a different thread
          I shower at least once a week ... and always before my lady friend comes over for a visit
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Jesus this is a dull thread, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

As for me, I'm an athletic, fit, good looking, hot bit of fluff that the local ladies are drooling over. So I assume the time I spend in the gym is already paying dividends thanks I can provide photo evidence if you like, but I don't want to make all the ladies (and vetran) on here swoon over my gorgeousness

Best laugh I've had so far today

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Jesus this is a dull thread, isn't it.
                I think it might still be beaten by reports on AtW's lunch.

Comment

I think we can all agree that OP is a superstar and an awesome contractor
                  so much awesomeness

Comment

I fixed a lot of things. Fixing everything wrong with an old legacy application(10+ years, procedural, ancient) in 18 months is miracle work
                    Oh, thats impressive!

and my self worth is high enough without needing to boast on a board.
                    Except that's exactly what you did.

Comment

except for the fact where I never said I fixed everything.
                      Reading be hard.
                      You can surely forgive anyone for not wanting to read this self-congratulatory tedious chuntery?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X