• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Or you treat it like the lottery, you mine for years hoping to hit the jackpot. Current mining reward is 6.25 BTC I think, so that could be quite a lot of money for a permie if the miner is lucky.
    Cheaper, easier and quicker to buy lottery tickets

Comment

Financial watchdog bans crypto exchange Binance from UK
      FCA also issues consumer alert against sprawling cryptocurrency group

The UK’s financial watchdog has ordered Binance to stop all regulated activities in Britain and imposed stringent requirements in a stinging rebuke of one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges.

The intervention by the Financial Conduct Authority in recent days is one of the most significant moves any global regulator has made against Binance, a sprawling digital asset firm with subsidiaries around the world.

The exchange has until Wednesday evening to confirm it has complied with the watchdog’s demands, and removed its advertising. The intervention is a sign of how regulators are cracking down on the cryptocurrency industry over concerns relating to its potential role in illicit activities such as money laundering and fraud, and over often weak consumer protection.

The FCA also this weekend issued a consumer warning against both the Cayman Islands-registered Binance holdings company and Binance Markets Limited, a London-based affiliate that is controlled by chief executive Changpeng Zhao and is overseen by the UK regulator. “Binance Markets Limited is not permitted to undertake any regulated activity in the UK,” the FCA said, adding, “no other entity in the Binance Group holds any form of UK authorisation, registration or licence to conduct regulated activity in the UK.”

https://www.ft.com/content/8bc0e5e0-...5-acccaffaee87

They are dragging their feet on banning Scooter

Comment

They are not authorised but clearly being used by a lot of UK based consumers, so where is crackdown? Time to send Defender to Cayman Islands and demand all the documents/people hiding there

Comment

It just said no Futures. Binance spot exchange carries on in the UK as normal. Clickbait.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            It just said no Futures. Binance spot exchange carries on in the UK as normal. Clickbait.
            Regulators and the police are coming to get you.

Flish your tulipcoins down the toilet whilst you have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              For anyone who's interested, coins which can still be mined from home:

https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/cr...-home-computer
              POW mining is going the way of the dinosaur, If you want to generate crypto just buy some and stake it. POS is where it's all at now.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                POS is where it's all at now.
                It was POS from the very start and will be so until the (now imminent) end

Comment

Binance: Financial watchdog FCA bans crypto-currency exchange

Binance, the world's biggest crypto-currency exchange, has been banned by the UK's financial regulator.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has ruled that the firm cannot conduct any "regulated activity" in the UK.

It also issued a consumer warning about Binance.com, advising people to be wary of adverts promising high returns on cryptoasset investments.

This comes amid pushback from regulators around the world against crypto-currency platforms.“

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57632831

Banned means banned - get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    “Banned means banned - get over it.
                    From that same article:

However, they are still allowed to use the website to purchase and sell crypto-currencies, which is not regulated"

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

From that same article:

However, they are still allowed to use the website to purchase and sell crypto-currencies, which is not regulated"

If someone is willing to accept that they may lose everything, with no protection and no recourse, then fine. But how many Joe Public understand this, and just fall for the hype that they will all become millionaires.

How many, in a few years time, will be looking to the "no win, no fee" ambulance chasers when they realise they didn't get what they thought they were?

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X