• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good time for HKM to join. He's hoping he's going to make the 70k back he owes his company, scooter has just destroyed the alts he's all in for and then this news...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      I thought you guys were saying it will challenge $5K again before mooning?

ETH has been hit hard.
      Aye my eth tracker fund on hargreave lansdown is not faring well. 50% lost so far. Good few quid lost here.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Police grapple with rise in cryptocurrency fraud

"Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.

Cryptocurrencies have appealed to some criminals because the assets are held digitally via electronic identities that in many cases allow the owners to remain anonymous. As a result, they have been linked to fraud, as well as payments for prohibited goods such as drugs and terrorism financing."

https://www.ft.com/content/f5583d68-...2-5946bae86e6d

Comment

Cryptocurrency Fraud Costs Britons £2M This Summer

" Police have warned of a rise in cryptocurrency fraud as they struggle to keep up with with criminals turning to new technology to exploit investors, after British consumers lost more than £2 million ($2.6 million) in two months.

Statistics from Action Fraud, Britain’s national fraud and cybercrime reporting center, show that 203 people reported losing an average of £10,096 in June and July through scams using virtual currencies."

https://www.law360.com/cybersecurity...2m-this-summer

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            British consumers lost more than £2 million ($2.6 million) in two months.
            They've lost more than that in the last two days, never mind months.

Over time they'll lose a lot more holding FIAT due to the combination of inflation outperforming saving interest rates and currency devaluation through printing (aka 'quantitative easing', to give it its shyster name).

Bitcoin is the gold of the tech generation.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

FIAT is real money, right? What that makes cryptotulips - LADAs?

Comment

Chill chinchilla - I've been hit hard n all - glad I took some profits earlier in the year. Here's an important indicator that's telling us much but being ignored by most. BTC dominance is approaching the high it did in December before the alt-run began. Two things (I think I've said it before!)

1) If you're long on BTC and risk averse, do nothing. BTC will be $60k end of this year, $100k next. +/- a few $k will seem like peanuts soon enough.

2) If you're 90% in alts (like me) you'll have experienced a 50-90% pullback. Myself around 40%, but that's cause I've been in the game longer. I can't stress enough what a strong opportunity is about to begin. The opportunity to gain Satoshi value will be huge. It'll not occur in a day or a week but over a month. It should be strikingly obvious when to move those gains back into BTC.

That said, there could be black swan events on some alts, so for sure I'll not be going short on some positions after the run, I'd rather ride out the correction. Those include Zencash, CVC, DRGN, ETHOS, XMR.

PS: This is not financial advice just my own opinion.

Last edited by scooterscot; 14 August 2018, 10:31.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Here's an important indicator that's telling us much but being ignored by most. BTC dominance is approaching the high it did in December before the alt-run began. Two things (I think I've said it before!)

1) If you're long on BTC and risk adverse, do nothing. BTC will be $60k end of this year, $100k next. +/- a few $k will seem like peanuts soon enough.

2) If you're 90% in alts (like me) you'll have experienced a 50-90% pullback. Myself around 40%, but that's cause I've been in the game longer. I can't stress enough what a strong opportunity is about to begin. The opportunity to gain Satoshi value will be huge. It'll not occur in a day or a week but over a month. It should be strikingly obvious when to move those gains back into BTC.

That said, there could be black swan events on some alts, so for sure I'll not be going short on some positions after the run, I'd rather ride out the correction. Those include Zencash, CVC, DRGN, ETHOS, XMR.
                  Oh dear - illegal financial advice offered! MODS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    risk adverse
                    Your English and your numptycoins have something in common, scootie.

They're both converging to worthless.

Comment

Yeah but Mien Deutsch ist nicht so bad jetzt. Hast du etwas Zeit fur mich? Dan Singen eine lied fur dich. la la la la not listening.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X