• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll get your money back but please stop buying in to it.

I don't really have a position in XRP, a few hundred dollars perhaps. I would not buy a position in it either because:

1) It's a centralised. That goes against everything blockchain stands for.

2) Of the 100billion tokens available 60 billion are held by the Ripple team. If Ripple doubles its previous high to $6 Ripple will be worth half as much as Apple without making anything. Think about that for a moment.

3) The token itself solves no problems. The Ripple protocol does lots, is in use. However the token offers no utility.

4) Ripple can 10x, 20x at best after Coinbase listing. I only invest in tokens that I think will 100x and more.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 12 August 2018, 20:04.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You'll get your money back but please stop buying to it.

I don't really have a position in XRP, a few hundred dollars perhaps. I would not buy a position in it either because:

2) Of the 100billion tokens available 60 billion are held by the Ripple team. If Ripple doubles its previous high to $6 Ripple will be worth half as much as Apple without making anything. Think about that for a moment.

3) The token itself solves no problems. The Ripple protocol does lots, is in use. However the token offers no utility.

4) Ripple can 10x, 20x at best after Coinbase listing. I only invest in tokens that I think will 100x and more.

The reason why I am all in on XRP is I fully understand what problem it is resolving....I myself have worked very closely on SWIFT and Ripple is already killing SWIFT like anything...I know XRP need adaption but think about it the kind of money it will release from NOSTRO/VOSTRO when XRP is being used!

SBI will be game changer..it's slow burner...XRP is being suppressed by big whales as they know what it is capable to do...I think it's just the matter of the declaration that it's not security and then it should explode..It will reach new ATH before it gets listed on coinbase..coinbase has already included it in one of the 40 currencies it will hold as custodian..

I am very bullish on XRP however, I wouldn't put a single penny more...I have invested something which I didn't have..and I can't afford to lose...It's just waiting game.. When I break even I will take 50% money out and will diversify from there...Bitcoin is the only other coin I would think of..may be bit in XLM and ADA too...what's your favorites...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Ouch. I really cant think of another word for it. Why so much?
        I have no personal opinion on XRP. I do own a tiny bit (maybe $50) but it's just in there because it was one of the major players. It'll probably surge at some point.. With you buying and buying (cost averaging) it now doesn't have to do that well to allow you to get your money back but still...

No one really knows what will happen. People like me try and use previous price actions to see where we might be able to set up trades but the bottom of the market either isn't in or hasn't confirmed itself properly yet. Until that happens then it's truly a very difficult place to be. I'm getting better but even so I'm still wrong more often than I'm right...luckily I dont trade everything I predict.
        XRP (let's not confuse XRP with Ripple) is having it's fair share of issues and law suits. I think some of them have been denied recently but haven't checked much news this weekend. If it classed as 'not a security' then maybe we'll see some good things happen in the price action but XRP isn't used in most of the partnerships that have been announced by Ripple so unless they actually start converting clients to Xrapid then partnerships mean nothing to price action.
        When I started my view was no more than £5K in crypto...but then having bought at $3.5 every dip sounded a bargain and have been kept on borrowing and putting more money to get my average down...to save initial £5K I am now £85K down...isn't it scary!! That's what happens when investing becomes gambling...I have no option then to wait until it turns around...I know it will...the issue I will face is what I will do when I break even...what I want to do is take 50% out but will human greed allow me to close my positions when everything is going north!! Let's see...
        Last edited by HKM; 12 August 2018, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by HKM View Post
          The reason why I am all in on XRP is I fully understand what problem it is resolving....I myself have worked very closely on SWIFT and Ripple is already killing SWIFT like anything...I know XRP need adaption but think about it the kind of money it will release from NOSTRO/VOSTRO when XRP is being used!
          XRP is not solving the high cost of SWIFT of making it faster. Ripple protocol is doing that. XRP is not used in that process.

I am very bullish on XRP however, I wouldn't put a single penny more...I have invested something which I didn't have..and I can't afford to lose...It's just waiting game.. When I break even I will take 50% money out and will diversify from there...Bitcoin is the only other coin I would think of..may be bit in XLM and ADA too...what's your favorites...
          EOS, XMR, CVC, ZEN - they've all got the potential to 100x this year.

This is not advice, just my own opinion after much research.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

XRP is not solving the high cost of SWIFT of making it faster. Ripple protocol is doing that. XRP is not used in that process.

EOS, XMR, CVC, ZEN - they've all got the potential to 100x this year.

This is not advice, just my own opinion after much research.

Exactly that's what I said..Ripple is killing SWIFT...XRP will kill NOSTRO/VOSTRO...

I did invest in EOS but closed all position with $5K loss in a week..and put everything back into XRP..I am glad I did as atleast my XRP average is now significantly down..

Comment

Isn't EOS a Chinese tulipcoin copying ETH?

Comment

Not true. There are perfectly valid applications that use a proof by authority with centralised blockchain. Blockchain is the just the technology of the blocks. While it allows distributed blockchains, there's nothing about blockchain that says it must be used like that.

However, I wouldn't get involved with a centralised cryptocurrenty either.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Black money hidden in tulipcoins -

https://thewire.in/business/gujarat-...cryptocurrency
                  Last edited by AtW; 13 August 2018, 06:50.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Not true. There are perfectly valid applications that use a proof by authority with centralised blockchain. Blockchain is the just the technology of the blocks. While it allows distributed blockchains, there's nothing about blockchain that says it must be used like that.

However, I wouldn't get involved with a centralised cryptocurrenty either.
                    I'm all for crypto currently.

Perhaps I should have said 'open ledger'. For as long as everyone keeps the same record and has to agree on the next transaction with a measured level of consensus then yes the is one version of blockchain. Another I think is Openchain.

Comment

Exactly that's what I said..Ripple is killing SWIFT...XRP will kill NOSTRO/VOSTRO...
                      I'm not so certain.

1) The people using NOSTRO the most are individuals looking to make remittance payments to their home country. Stellar is well on the way to doing this, they've focused on the countries where this matters most + partnered with IBM for banking with multiple countries.

2) Stellar is a lot cheaper than sending XRP. Okay not huge sums to you and me, but to the people making the payments...

3) XRP is one of the most reported protocols for security holes. I'm amazed it does not get much publicity. Every other weak a new hole is found by Ripple. XRP is the Adobe Flash of blockchain. In fact Ripple have set up a bug report page just for this purpose https://ripple.com/bug-bounty/

Comment

Working...
                      X