• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for your opinion

I don't give financial advice, I've repeated that many times throughout this thread. Take it or leave it.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 10 August 2018, 21:57.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Don't want to be rude but surely anyone with a hole in their arse could have predicted its going to drop lower than 5k?

And quoting your own incorrect advice not onve but twice, what makes the advice you end on worth anything?
      Why could they? Even people who are professional in this arena (trading in general) are having a hard time getting a handle on the direction of bitcoin and the likely bottom/turning point.
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Why could they? Even people who are professional in this arena (trading in general) are having a hard time getting a handle on the direction of bitcoin and the likely bottom/turning point.
        I've been watching all sorts of experts call a stock market top and crash for about 5 years now.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I give unlicensed financial advice, luring mugs into scam of the century because I personally benefit from this "find a bigger fool" scheme
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            That being said...this TA video (from a place I regard very highly and with whom I've been learning) provides what I think is the most compelling detail I've seen in a long while
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=227cDyEmiu0
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

UKG had a flash crash...happened while I was out so didn't see it but went from just over 1000 sats to 3 sats!!!!!!!!!
              It went back up again...to just under 1000 I think.
              I could be wrong but I think this means that it is almost impossible for any algorithm to be short trading that market now.
              Will be interesting to see what happens there as any down movement now should be a function of people doing trading, rather than bots
              Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 12 August 2018, 14:13.

Comment

Increasingly I'm thinking BTC dominance will suddenly drop like it did last year starting the alt run. The moment to earn Satoshi value might be upon us.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Increasingly I'm thinking BTC dominance will suddenly drop like it did last year starting the alt run. The moment to earn Satoshi value might be upon us.
                  So my dear friend..what do you think XRP is heading to? its down from $3.5 to 30pence...

Next month SEC decision whether it is a security...and we have Bitcoin ETF decision next month too..Ripple has 3 lawsuits pending..Bil clinton key note speaker next month in Swell..

What are your thoughts?

I am all in on XRP and have been buying since it was $3.5 and have now reduced my average to 0.80P..It's all borrowed money (business loan, business credit card and personal credit cards)...invested £135K and current value is £50K..

truly screwed but still believe in it and havent given up..it's either zero or all my money back + profit...

That's me...

Pleased to join this post and look forward to hearing your thoughts :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HKM View Post
                    So my dear friend..what do you think XRP is heading to? its down from $3.5 to 30pence...

I am all in on XRP and have been buying since it was $3.5 and have now reduced my average to 0.80P..It's all borrowed money (business loan, business credit card and personal credit cards)...invested £135K and current value is £50K..
                    Im curious about all these cryptocurrencies etc....but have not had balls to risk any of money so far other than the £200 that I spent buying BTC and ETH at the peak which is now £75 to be precise.

If you are really real, money you are talking about is staggering. Good luck to you on crypto currencies and anything else that you do in life.

Comment

Originally posted by HKM View Post

Next month SEC decision whether it is a security...and we have Bitcoin ETF decision next month too..Ripple has 3 lawsuits pending..Bil clinton key note speaker next month in Swell..

What are your thoughts?

truly screwed but still believe in it and havent given up..it's either zero or all my money back + profit...

That's me...

Pleased to join this post and look forward to hearing your thoughts :-)
                      Ouch. I really cant think of another word for it. Why so much?
                      I have no personal opinion on XRP. I do own a tiny bit (maybe $50) but it's just in there because it was one of the major players. It'll probably surge at some point.. With you buying and buying (cost averaging) it now doesn't have to do that well to allow you to get your money back but still...

No one really knows what will happen. People like me try and use previous price actions to see where we might be able to set up trades but the bottom of the market either isn't in or hasn't confirmed itself properly yet. Until that happens then it's truly a very difficult place to be. I'm getting better but even so I'm still wrong more often than I'm right...luckily I dont trade everything I predict.
                      XRP (let's not confuse XRP with Ripple) is having it's fair share of issues and law suits. I think some of them have been denied recently but haven't checked much news this weekend. If it classed as 'not a security' then maybe we'll see some good things happen in the price action but XRP isn't used in most of the partnerships that have been announced by Ripple so unless they actually start converting clients to Xrapid then partnerships mean nothing to price action.

Comment

Working...
                      X